My new booty.... gold! RRRrrrrRRRrrrRRR

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by weryon, Mar 15, 2009.

1. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

I'm pretty sure everyone have seen this but if someone hasn't : this is Canada's million dollar coin, and it's a whopping hundred kilo of .9999

Here is a little article if you care to read more.....

he million dollar coin was recently certified by Guinness World Records as the world’s largest gold bullion coin. “The Olympic Games are an unrivalled opportunity for Canada to showcase the best it has to offer, and this also applies to the Royal Canadian Mint’s products,” said Emerson. “The Beijing Games bring many cultures together, and the Mint’s gold and silver works of art represent Canada’s spirit and heritage in a unique and appealing way.”
    The million dollar coin was originally conceived as a unique showpiece to promote the mint’s new line of 99999 pure 1-ounce gold Maple Leaf bullion coins. Since its introduction in 2007, the coin has been displayed in Canada and around the world, including the United States, Germany, Austria, the United Arab Emirates, Finland and the Baltic States.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Harryj

Harryj Supporter**

Nice!! I want to say APMEX is selling one of them.

4. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

2,000,000 +a premium ... nice hunk of cash!!

5. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

It is very impressive to see in person as I got a good look when it was at the ANA in Milwaukee 2 years ago. I would like to see the dies and the press they used to mint it :bow: Teletrade tried to auction one of them off but never reached the reserve

6. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

Nice... I want to see the NGC slab for it. :whistle:

7. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I know I wear big pants, but come on how's that going to fit in my pocket.

Imagine buying a cold pepsi from the 7-11 and paying with that.

8. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

If someone tries to rob you, just smack them with it. They wouldn't have a chance...

9. pbryan

pbryan Member

You'd have to lift it first, it weighs 100kg (~220 lbs).

They do have one for sale, or at least did a few weeks ago... I can't imagine what the shipping would cost :)
    Although, I suppose if you can afford a 100kg gold coin, you're not too worried about shipping costs.

Draft saved Draft deleted