My Kennedy's from the Local Coin Show.....

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ethan, Mar 16, 2015.

?

What was the Best buy of the Bunch?

1. No FG

66.7%
  2. QDO

33.3%
  3. Other - Explain why

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

gronnh20 and cpm9ball like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ethan

Now for some neat things...I add flavor and close ups... 1967 PCGS SP65 SMS QDO FS-101 01.jpg 1967 PCGS SP65 SMS QDO FS-101 02.jpg

No this is just COOL. I wanted one because I have a 1964 QDO (A rare bird) seen
    here: So as a SMS collector I had to have one of these...It was the most $$$ of the bunch....BY FAR.

1964 NGC QDO 50C PR67 POST.jpg

FS105CL02.jpg

gronnh20 and cpm9ball like this.
  4. Ethan

And then the NoFG. Well I have been looking for these on and off for years, 1982 to be exact. I can remember me and ol Dad hitting the banks. I told him they were out there and he believed me. We found 6 of them over the years, I have since added to the number, near 30 or so now but I have went through 1000X the halves. I have a few 72's and a few odds and ends. This is an SMS however and I had to get one if I could afford it. $275-300 on DaBay if I get lucky. Well I found this little gem...and I paid a LOT less than that...I am happy..and to boot it is a DDO....I do not see and DDR.....What a day!

1966 ANACS SMS MS65 FS-901 No FG 02.jpg 1966 ANACS SMS MS65 FS-901 No FG 03.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Did you need help carrying it all out?

Good that you found some things you wanted. Some really cool coins.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Very nice pick ups.

On that PCGS 1966 DDO-017
    SMS SP 65--

Is that an aftermarket sticker on the reverse?

I never saw that before.

7. Ethan

I think it is the way they do that now, I bet it costs extra though.....

8. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

You're asking "What was the Best Buy?" yet you do not share what you paid for each coin.

Also, as explained in your other thread, just because the slab label says it's a specific Die Variety, does not always mean that its actually that die variety.

Of course, none of what I just said would have kept me from purchasing exactly what you did provided the price was right.

9. Ethan

Well the QDO cost me more than the No FG ($125). I paid to much for the SP65 QDO....the others were smaller.

Draft saved Draft deleted