My 1 ounce pamp for?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by John baker, Sep 6, 2019.

1. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

That's funny. Only two types of people buy gold, and those are the two types.

What about the guy that buys gold because if holds his value, and he puts it away as an insurance policy?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John baker

John baker Member

Gold is not an Guaranteed thing!!!

4. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

JB sounds like someone who both doesn't have a clue what he is doing and someone who, after being given various opinions, finds a way to criticize all of them (so why did he ask for opinions in the first place?!)

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Erm, maybe substitute David Bowers. We do not like to really TALK about Walter Breen in the hobby, due to his other proclivities.

OP, I do disagree with your characterization of "gold people". Just for the record, I own maybe 40 ounces of non-numismatic gold, 10 ounces of platinum, and a few thousand ounces of silver. I do not fit into your "two types" model, nor do I believe most people who post here do. Any post about asking if you should convert a bullion item to non-bullion item is bound to garner some strong responses on a bullion forum, since most here are adamant believers in owning bullion.

6. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Glad I wasted my time reading this thread...The OP is just as bad as Goldcollector or whatever his name is.

7. TheFinn

Why? Breen's coin knowledge was far superior for breadth and depth.
    I am talking about coins. Period. Like him or not, he was a numismatic genius.

8. TheFinn

Then nothing is. What is that GM stock worth that Grandpa put away in the 1950s worth? Nothing. Gold is still the universal currency, and will always have value.

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Eh. He has been attributed with tons of errors as well. For numismatics only he was a very well respected pioneer whose research was not always the most reliable, but whose contribution was invaluable regardless.

The rest of his life was a travesty, between lying about background to seriously reprehensible behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted