Mount Hood 5 oz bullion available today 7/28

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by downlow, Jul 28, 2011.

1. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

Just a friendly reminder that the:

2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin™ – Mount Hood National Forest, Oregon (NP5)

Is available today.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...ctId=16314&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=48501

these seem to be fizzling out pretty fast, as NP4 Grand Canyon is still available.
    I think this is good and hopefully the mint will reduce minting. No probability of that happening, only wishful thinking.

Feel free to post order numbers if available.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. downlow

4. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Yep, just ordered mine # 379717xx

Attached Files:

5. mike120

mike120 New Member

6. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

7. avr5700

avr5700 Member

37976xxx

Last of the 2010's! Fizzle or not and with or without bullion versions to boot, there are only 27K first year complete sets possible. No 2011's in my plan, instead I'm moving on to 1oz silvers and 90% junk (come on silver crash...papa needs some bulk).

8. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Yeah I got a few just to complete my 2010 sets, but don't think i'll continue with the UNC 2011's. Personally I like the look of the bullion issues better then the vap-o-crap on the UNCs. It's just a shame they didn't take better care of the bullion versions as I would love to see/have a set of MS70DMPL's :)

9. onecenter

onecenter Member

Placed my order about a minute passed the noontime opening and the website ordering process was very smooth and quick. The online ordering process has improved markedly since the release of the first 5-ounce coin. I am looking forward to this beautiful coin same as I have the previous four.

10. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

Order Number: 379641XX :hail:

11. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Yesterday coinnews had an article about beginning to identify varieties of these coins, like being blasted on one side and shiny on the other.. anyone else read about different varieties?

12. ammkost

ammkost Junior Member

Got my order in very smoothly, in fact it was the fastest quick checkout of the previous coins for the 2010 year versions. Order number #379667XX.
    I will collect these as a continuing run set.
    I was curious to see what people would be bidding and buying for the sold out
    5 oz.coins on ebay. Several auctions averaged around $340.00 a piece.

13. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I just ordered mine tonight. It is on hold with a shipdate of 12 August. I hope so. I'm on vacation next week.

14. downlow

Just ship it to my house I'll compare it...., um I mean hold it with mine and send it to you when you get home...

15. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I forgot to order it on the 28th so I just ordered on line now.

#379889xx. Backordered to 8/14/11

16. VetStudent

VetStudent Junior Member

just got my Mt Hood from UPS....its the only one out of the five that I received that has no visible defects....not even around the edges. (I'm happy but 1 out of 5 is crappy quality control!)

I only sent back one, the Grand Canyon, over three weeks ago....and I still haven't gotten a replacement!

17. downlow

Yep, received mine this morning, LOOKS GOOD!!!

It's a 70, no question.

Now are we going to go for the 2011's or is this the end of the 5oz road?

18. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

UPS, just dropped mine off! I don't see any problems with it at all. :smile

Five Fine Five Ouncers ;)

Attached Files:

19. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Mine just came in five minutes ago. Looks good. 69 To 70, maybe. I'll get the loupe out later for a better look.

20. mocylop

mocylop Member

I just received my coin and it has a big scratch under GW. What is the best way to handle exchange? Should I call and see if they let me to place another order? Also, what is the best way to ship it back?Thanks

21. VetStudent

VetStudent Junior Member

mocylop, I'm not sure what others think but given I returned my Grand Canyon 5ozer as an exchange well over three weeks ago and have yet to receive a new coin..........maybe it'd be faster to just do a return and get a refund.....and then place a completely new order at the same time.

Grand Canyon ain't even sold out so I don't know why they are taking so long to send me a new one. Maybe their waiting to find the variety with un-finished reverse? (Fat chance!)

Draft saved Draft deleted