More thoughts on silver stacking: collecting, investing, or wasting money?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ronnie58

ronnie58 Active Member

Exactly. If I understand the OP, he is suggesting that collecting quality rare coins is its own reward. And that from a numismatics perspective all of the details about bullion investing are secondary. Unless the goal is to somehow reap profits from savvy metals trading that are used to buy nice coins - which sounds like a bad strategy based on what is written here.
    But owning a '16-D that you got in change 64 years ago!? I hope that you tell this story to anyone who will listen, because with that experience you embody the very heart of the discipline. Thank you for telling us about it, and as if you haven't heard it before, major congrats on the excellent find! It sounds like you were one sharp 17 yr. old!

Tater likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

All I got out of this thread is bubble bath ad fondling junks.

4. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I never quite understood buying 1 gram gold bars, because if you need that much liquidity, you can get it from silver without as much premium. Better off to buy gold in bigger bites for retirement, and silver coins or bars in case you ever want to barter for day to day needs.

It's a bit presumptuous to assume that you have to sell your stack when all it really is is money to begin with. If you need more fiat currency, then sure, but if not, then maybe it makes more sense to store real wealth.

Draft saved Draft deleted