MonumentMetals offers $100 to be their shill

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jb10000lakes, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Starting to see what appear to be forged Ryder Signatures on COA's. I'm not a buyer but if I were I'd only buy certified. Remember, with an authentic COA, the forger only has one shot once the he/she starts.

In the past I'd worked quite extensively with handwriting experts from across the country. I learned a little. I can also say it's not fool proof. In one case the examiner declared "I know with certainty who signed this document", the client thought he'd been caught until the examiner pointed the finger at some one else. Regardless, exercise caution if you're thinking of buying.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Can't believe people are forging the COA's.....

mynamespat likes this.
  4. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

People will do lots of stupid things if it adds zeros to the price. Scribble a known signature and write the date, but don't screw it up, one shot.

5. GoldFinger1969

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

If someone has one for sell at a extremely high price and one buys it at that price. which one is the idiot. The one selling because he didn't ask enough or the guy that bought it for exceptional high price?

7. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Neither. It's just life.

8. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

9. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

People asked me why I didn’t stand in line in Baltimore to buy the reverse Proof American Silver Eagle. “You could have made over $1,000!

My answer is I didn’t pay the travel expenses to come to Baltimore to buy a coin I don’t want with the idea that I might make $1,000. I came to Baltimore to add coins to my collection which I can’t find on-line or can’t trust what I will get from an on-line seller.

I only get to two major and one regional coin show a year. When I got to those shows, I have to find the coins on my want list within two seven hour days. I can’t waste time messing around with a mint gimmick that does not interest me in the least.

10. GoldFinger1969

John, great post. BTW, I'd love to hear what coins you did BUY or LIKE at Baltimore in the appropriate thread (assuming you didn't post that already and I missed it).

Draft saved Draft deleted