Metal Detecting - 8 US Silvers! The Video :)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, Jan 3, 2021.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Yea LordM . I've been saving you popcorn and your missing it . :(
    Nice job Ed . Always brighten my day when it's a tough one . Thanks ;)

capthank and paddyman98 like this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I was hoping to find a definition for Secind but none exist. Maybe you can still edit it.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

I was waiting for my coffee to kick in at that moment. Thanks for pointing that out! :wacky:

capthank and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Been there, once called a Kennedy a Franklin.:facepalm:

Heavymetal, capthank and paddyman98 like this.
  7. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Great moniker, "Bunny Foo Foo." ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif
    I won't ask how that came about, but my guess has something to do with Karate.
    I'll bet the detector batteries are at full charge before you leave the house and you probably have spares in your backpack, just sayin.
    Thanks for the video.

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Miss everybody’s threads, on the days I ain’t here! ;)

Nice work, Bunny Foo Foo! What’s that cumulative silver count up to now?

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. paddyman98

Thank you..
    My total for 2020 was 96 Silver Coins..
    2021 is now 10 Silver Coins.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

"Not bad" is an understatement in my book. Great finds.
    I take it your New Year's Resolution was to go metal detecting EVERY day in the New Year? LOL I hope so, but try to get some fishing in also.

sel w and paddyman98 like this.
  12. paddyman98

I take advantage of any great weather we have. It's going to get very cold soon so I will take what I can get. I will get back into more fishing this year. I only went 2 times in 2020. My fishing equipment is collecting dust :yack:

13. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

Silver dust, even,...! Paddyman98 will get what he can take, he will corner the silver market in 2021....

paddyman98 likes this.
  14. I am very new to coin collecting and metal detecting sounds interesting. How do you know where to go and whether it is public or private property, don't you need to get permission? I would appreciate any info. Barbara

15. paddyman98

Hi Barbara. Great questions. I have been detecting in NYC for 10 years. A Detecting Permit is required and must be renewed every year. It's free. Together with the permit is a list of rules and a list of each of the 5 boroughs with the names of the parks that allow detecting. One of my favorite parks is Prospect Park in Brooklyn. But the list states that that detecting is only allowed on Saturday and Sunday. Most other parks allow detecting 7 days a week. I don't do private property of strangers.. Only family. But I'm thinking of asking for permissions this year.

16. Thanks for the information. I just moved to Texas 6/19. My son-in-law's grandparents own over 200 acres not far from me. Not sure it that would be a good place. My husband was poo poo'ing the idea saying they would own half of the take. I will look into the city about getting a Detecting Permit.

paddyman98 and manny9655 like this.
  17. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised. A little over a year ago a co-worker of mine metal detected an 1827 large cent on her own property. She lives in a rural area and has some acreage to look around.

18. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

19. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

When I bought my house years ago I decided to plant a garden. My son Charles dug up a tomb stone. It was huge. No name on it though. Filled in the hole and moved my garden far away. Ain’t digging anywhere near that spot no more. Sorry @paddyman98 your story was way better

Draft saved Draft deleted