Mercury Gold Dime - Who Got Full Split Bands?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by statequarterguy, Apr 25, 2016.

1. jonny oneal

jonny oneal Member

I WAS EDITED BECAUSE I MADE A POLITICAL COMMENT. sorry about the caps--accident. but i ate to be trumped when i did not say anything political that i recall, although anywhere you have a chance certain points should be made about the critical time we face next fall, when we coud start our fall into oblivion.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Look in your PM ( conversations) and you will see EXACTLY what you said political. The software keeps all versions for us. Hope you memory improves.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

They won't bat an eye........ya ever see what's out there? It could shoot your eye out.........

rzage likes this.
  5. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Breasts without nipples , plus the shield isn't full . I have the money for the SLQ but will not buy it on account . Our mint needs to get on the ball and hire at least one engraver to touch up parts of dies where our technology regresses and can't put in FSBs , a nipple or a full shield . What's next , the Walking Liberty half will be missing the lines on the flag . Depressing .

jonny oneal likes this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I admire the passion Rusty, but we're gonna have to wait and see what develops with this one.......

rzage likes this.
  7. rzage

Ken I hope the mint proves me wrong , but so far from what I've seen I don't think they'll live up to par . Dann Carr's ounces have full details why can't the mints .

8. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

I have begun to believe that modern computer technology has seriously taken a downturn with the engraving and hub making process. New technology does not hold a candle to hands on production prior to 1990. What do you think?

jonny oneal and saltysam-1 like this.
  9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I have higher hopes for the quarter than the dime but it wouldn't be the first time I was disappointed by their work.

rzage likes this.
  10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Vulcan is depopulated these days so I am all alone. Hell I even talk to gd now.

KoinJester and rzage like this.
  11. jonny oneal

jonny oneal Member

it is not surprising the mint did not have the cajones to depict the original SLQ in all its ground-breaking glory. it this day of LGBT acceptance by many, just an example, surely no one with any sense would have been upset by the original coin being replicated. Not even a Cylon. i surmised the mint would pull this stunt. makes me reconsider if i want to spend the money or even try to spend the money for it. Back to Canada for interesting coins.

saltysam-1 and rzage like this.
  12. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

I think the mint is being more traditional. Oh well when u have buyer at 2000 an ounce you can do what you like. These should have been sold at melt value

rzage likes this.
  13. baseball21

Which begs the question of whether or not people will get gun shy on the half if the quarter has the same low quality as the dime.

rzage likes this.
  14. rzage

I agree with you 100% old friend , glad to see you posting again . :)

green18 likes this.
  15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Well they had unmet demand last time around so those people will jump at it. 125k or less mintage selllout guaranteed. Mint is running a profiteering racket. They don't realize they are weakening their own foundation

16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Fully agree and the WLH will probably have the "tree trunk" down lady liberty :p :(

rzage likes this.
  17. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

No question, the technology has improved since the 1990's. It must have been a design issue, sloppy work or any other reason...

18. rzage

I'll go for the Mint just doesn't care about the serious collector when they know it will sell out anyways .

micbraun likes this.
  19. rzage

20. baseball21

I think the thing everyone forgets is the mint is a business nothing more when it comes to anything but circulated coins. If they make money it was good enough. The only way to actually change what they do is to stop buying, not that it would matter since most of it ends up with big boys who can and will sell it. Not a knock on the big boys they're a business too and do quite well.

21. rzage

It's also what we show the world . It used to be made in America meant you were buying the best . Look at the other world mints like Canada and Australia heck even China , they can put out world class coins but we can't or won't . It reflects back at us as a nation and right now I don't like what I'm seeing .

Draft saved Draft deleted