MCM sold! Say it ain't so, John

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TopcatCoin, May 9, 2015.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Take the money and run

Endeavor likes this.
  3. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Cha-ching for Maben. Good for him.

dwhiz likes this.
  4. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

What was MCM sold for?

5. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

This was really a surprise, to me anyway. It is a great company in all respects.

I hope they remain much more like Modern Coin Mart and don't become at all like GovMint, which is a company that is lacking in many respects.

Blissskr likes this.
  6. about2

about2 New Member

Isn't GovMint.com related to The Coin Vault on tv?

7. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

I predict that GovMint will now tarnish MCM with their pushy selling tactics and high prices. What a shame, I thought that MCM was the last company that stood for ethics among all of the coin collecting hobby. I feel sorry for their employees. WHen i visited their booth it always felt the most comfortable among all the dealers. Remember how the dealers acted when the gold Kennedy was released? Silver towne an govmint were the leaders of pushing the collectors out of the ability to purchase a coin, and then they marked up all the prices with the show label. It is a sad day in the collecting comunity.

Blissskr likes this.
  8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Certainly aren't lacking in the price department lol.

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

MCM was the last company that stood for ethics amongst the entire hobby? Man, you must know a ton of crappy dealers. Not saying anything bad about MCM, but there are tons of great, reputable dealers in this hobby. Maybe you meant only modern coin bullion suppliers, but even there I know a couple who are extremely reputable.

Yeah, we have some snakes, especially on the bullion side, but also a lot of upstanding men and women who work hard for us to pursue our little hobby.

10. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

I had to tell the US Mint 5 times over 6 months to stop sending me Bullion Mailers. Told me the last 4 times you are off the Mail list. After telling them I would Sue them and had talked to my Lawyers no more Bullion Mailers. MCM never picked up from them in the past and was not planning to in the Future.

Draft saved Draft deleted