MCM paying us to buy "The Coin and Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower" for them

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by johnno92, Jul 30, 2015.

1. johnno92

johnno92 Member

I just got this email from Modern Coin Mart. It sounds too good to be true. I assume that these will sellout in under 10 minutes and they REALLY want some of them to resell.

Make Money By Ordering from the Mint

Order sets for $120.85 & we will pay you $250!
    We have selected our best customers to receive this special offer. On August 11th at 12:00pm ET, the US Mint will be selling a set called "The Coin and Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower" for $57.95 each. There is a strict limit of two sets per household. The total amount that the Mint charges for the 2 sets is $120.85 ($115.9 for the sets plus $4.95 for postage).

We will pay you $250 to buy the sets and send them to us. It is important to place the order at 12:00 noon EST when the sets are put on sale as we want to be the first ones to get them because the Truman Coin and Chronicle Sets sold out very quickly.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Tell them you want $300 per set.

Chris:woot::woot::woot::woot:

johnno92 and medjoy like this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I think you guys should unionize and demand (Like Chris said) mo money........

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

johnno92 and jwitten like this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

......and medical & dental benefits, too!

Chris

7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

You can't stop these guys, yet the mint continues to create these situations with crazy low mintages.

8. johnno92

johnno92 Member

We definitely should. I thought that I might be first on this topic, but you guys are good ! :)

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Should I ask them if they want me?

I'll double my $

10. onecenter

onecenter Member

I always love the way these e-mails tell time. Eastern Standard Time does not return until November 1.

11. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Doesn't the mint get wind of this and eventually slap the dealer's hands?

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

For what? Offering to buy the sets in the aftermarket. What do you want a law that says no one may ever buy a set sold by the Mint for more than the original sale price? Or do you just want them to sat a maximum allowed mark up for resale?

Draft saved Draft deleted