MCM Fishing For The Eisenhower C&C Set....Offering $250 For Your Two!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by keemao, Jul 30, 2015.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Received this email this morning from MCM:

Make Money By Ordering from the Mint
    Order sets for $120.85 & we will pay you $250!
    We have selected our best customers to receive this special offer. On August 11th at 12:00pm ET, the US Mint will be selling a set called "The Coin and Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower" for $57.95 each. There is a strict limit of two sets per household. The total amount that the Mint charges for the 2 sets is $120.85 ($115.9 for the sets plus $4.95 for postage).

We will pay you $250 to buy the sets and send them to us. It is important to place the order at 12:00 noon EST when the sets are put on sale as we want to be the first ones to get them because the Truman Coin and Chronical Sets sold out very quickly.

***IMPORTANT***
    If you would like us to handle ordering the coins for you, we would be happy to place the order.
    Please call our sales team at 1-800-362-9004 to provide your credit card and billing information so that we can enter the order. After the order is placed we will destroy the credit card information.

If you decide to place the order yourself, the sales team can give you details on how to order and how to send the sets to our offices. Unless otherwise instructed, payment will be via check. If you prefer PayPal (subject to fees) please let us know.

All shipping, billing, and payment questions can be answered via our sales team as well.

Call us at 1-800-362-9004 to get started!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

And I bet they will still pay $400+ for them on the secondary market.

4. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

This actually seemed like one of the better offers I have gotten...

5. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

maybe I'll have to get two.

6. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Wow pretty blatant with this one huh MCM. Although anyone ordering their limit of 2 sets could probably do much better than $130 profit for both MCM is offering by simply selling them on Ebay themselves.

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  7. johnno92

johnno92 Member

The Truman sets are selling on ebay for about $150 average ungraded, but after ebay/PayPal fees, it's about a wash (unless Eisenhower is more popular). I don't know the mintage numbers for these either. That could be a factor as well.

8. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Really? Better look again.

Wheatmaster101 and Blissskr like this.
  9. onecenter

onecenter Member

If you wait for the reported Eastern Standard Time, the sets will not be for sale. It's Daylight Time.

10. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

What @statequarterguy said the average appears to be around $200 for raw Truman sets. Which means that even after Ebay/PP fee's for a seller that doesn't even have any sort of discount on fee's available to them. That the profit off a single set is close to what MCM is offering for 2x Eisenhower sets.

That's assuming a $200 sale price with a $5 shipping charge taken from that $200 for free shipping, so after item cost ($58) nets a seller about $110 profit for a raw Truman set. A power seller with a basic store would net even closer to this offer for a single set.
    http://finalfeecalculator.com/

11. jwitten

Huh? They go on sale noon Eastern.

Blissskr likes this.
  12. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I called to ask about only buying 1 for them since I want one for myself but the kicker is that they want the order to be shipped to them. So I would have to put in 2 orders. Not sure if I could get 2 orders in without it selling out first lol plus sometimes there are issues if you ship to an address that doesn't match your billing address. How have others handled this?

13. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

And, I've had orders over my limit stopped if they are shipped to the same address, even though the buyer and CC were another person. Does the mint have a special deal for big dealers?

14. jwitten

With the truman coins, I was able to get 6 orders shipped to different addresses. Billing and shipping do not have to match. But you could get one canceled if both have the same billing address.

15. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

I sold 2 of my Truman sets on Ebay last week. After Ebay's fees, Paypal's fees, shipping and the initial cost of the 2 sets from the Mint I put $230 in my pocket.Add in the other 3 sets that I have yet to sell and I still put $56 in my pocket.

It's not a bad offer for anybody that wants to just make a quick $125, but I am a cheap old man that wants to get the most for my money so I can buy even more stuff for my collection.:)

16. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

17. stoster38

stoster38 Member

18. onecenter

onecenter Member

Pulled this auction up with 3-1/2 hours to go and the set is $2015.00 with 27 bids. If I had a few of these lying around, I could have made up my declines on Wall Street.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    slamster17 likes this.
  19. stoster38

stoster38 Member

People are insane!! Lol

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That's stupid money.........

BigTee44 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted