MCM 2015 offer is back

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by TopcatCoin, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. HisBoyElroy

HisBoyElroy Member

I spotted this deal earlier and I think I'm going to grab a tube. I know MCM buys huge quantities from the Mint and they get good pricing, but I really wonder what their cost averages out to per tube?

3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

That is a good deal but I'm busy trying to accumulate 1 silver ounce bullion coin from as many different countries as possible this year from them so I'm pretty much tied up right now.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

tommyc03;

I saw your original post about it. It is an excellent way to combine bullion and world numismatics into your collecting effort. I would like to find out how many different pieces you find doing this. I'm not sure how you go about locating them and not missing some. Did you find some kind of directory or listing somewhere? I think I would be happy just to have a round from each mint or location, regardless of the year. You have really challenged yourself with this task.

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

No, no way of knowing just yet, just punting with MCM for a supplier and keeping a list as I go along. I wish I had it down more pat. The main challenge is, I'm only allowing my ebay sales to pay for this project. If I do well on Ebay, I'll be able to get some nice leg on this project. I'm just shooting for 2015 before any of them go off sale and the prices appreciate. But with silver being reasonable right now, it's doable. If silver were to rocket I would have to consider this again. Thanks for the nice words. I'll post pics as I go along and maybe at the end of the year do a layout to show how I did altogether.

6. Jaredbd

Jaredbd Active Member

Tommy;

I was also doing that and it add's a nice variety to my collection. Have you bought an Armenian Ark yet? That coin is why I no longer buy different silver coinages.

Anyways, the Britannia coins are pretty neat, I also like the pandas. Perth is really nice, but the premium kills me.

If you have not yet bought one of these yet, i recommend them.
    - http://www.apmex.com/product/85992/2015-rwanda-1-oz-silver-african-buffalo

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

No, have not heard of the Ark yet. Did you have a disappoint with it. I got the Britannia, love it. Also looking at the Somalia too. The Canada Peregrine Falcon is on it's way to me. As is the Burundi African Lion. I'll check your link. Thanx. Edit-Very nice but a stiff premium. I'll have to see if MCM has it cheaper.

8. Jaredbd

Jaredbd Active Member

The ark just doesn't have a certain appeal. To me, if someone was going through my collection, I have a feeling it would be the last coin picked.

Anyways, I wish i could nab this deal. I just bought 20 from APMEX for 395. Guess I should have waited. :shifty:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I can understand the premium on the Rwanda Buffalo now. Only 1,000 mintage. I think I'll jump on this one. Edit-Got it! Thanks for the tip!

Jaredbd likes this.
  10. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

Well look what I did
    image.jpg

tommyc03 and Jaredbd like this.
  11. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

The deal is saying sold out already Sat morning.

12. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

Wow that was fast!

13. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

I got the MCM email last night and decided to wait to see if any other offers surfaced this morning. Snooze you lose.

14. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Yep. I didn't get it until after I went to bed at 11pm so mine came awfully late. I didn't see it until this morning as I checked email before I crashed.

15. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

This is exactly what happened last time. But when I went there for the email advance notice for the next day sale, it was already posted the same day so I guess it's best, if you can, to jump on it the day it's posted, not the day they say it will be available.

16. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Looking at the coin image on the APMEX site. Not sure if I like how the animals & continent of Africa are outlined. Maybe it's just the picture. Do you have one of these coins in hand Jaredbd. Can you post any pics if you do? Maybe it looks better in "person".

17. Jaredbd

Jaredbd Active Member

[​IMG] i have other pictures but uploading on mobile is diffacult.
    Personally, i think its on par with the lunar series.

tommyc03 likes this.
  18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Did a bit of searching and came up with a few more I did not see earlier-Nieu, Ghana, Isle of Man, Palau, Tokelau. I'm sure there are many more.

19. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Found some help on the web...www.mintsoftheworld.com.

20. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Do you think every mint listed offers a bullion coin?

Draft saved Draft deleted