May 1st is the day to buy silver!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Revi, May 1, 2013.

1. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

It's not working. We're below $24 and dropping!

4. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

All the better for a time to buy.

Provident has kilo (32.15 oz) australian perth mint rounds for 1.59 over spot

Or bull and bear 1 oz generic rounds for as low as 1.49 over if you buy 500+, 1.69 over on 100+, 1.89 over on 20+

5. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

You better buy some more.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Erm........uhhh......?

What does "fighting back" mean? What will be accomplished by buying physical silver? Are they trying to say if everyone buys silver the market price will rise? I would see the basis, (difference between market and physical silver), possibly increasing.

WHY? Is this from someone who has a lot of silver and wishes to be richer? If I am in the market to be buying silver, I sure as heck do not want it any mroe expensive.

I guess I just don't get it at all. :(

7. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

I think they are calling it fighting back because your trading your fiat currency that is continually eroded by the inflationary policies of the private federal reserve for sound money.

8. medoraman

So, the old "only PM is money" argument? How about copper? It has been used as "money" just as long, as has its alloy mates zinc and tin. Lead has a long history of the use as well. Platinum and palladium would have been used if ancients would have known about them. I guess all we ever need to know about money was known by 1500 BC huh?

9. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I know that gold and silver are money, I care not if others believe the same. Sure copper and other base metals could be used as money, but they are too heavy to make it reasonable to use them in significant transactions.

Platinum and Palladium are a bit too rare to be ideal money, but of course they can still be used as money as well. If platinum was valued as money like gold is, its price would probably be at least $5,000+ because its much rarer than gold. The same can be said for palladium.

In the end the only money that has ever survived the passage of time is metal. The U.S. dollar appears to have survived for a long time but it has been partially backed by Gold as late as 1970. The average fiat currency lasts 40-50 years, maybe the dollar will last longer, maybe it won't.

Btw the current price of gold right now alone proves that it is money, I don't think anyone can make a legitimate case that gold should be $1400+ an ounce if only valued as a commodity.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'll fight back when Silver Eagles are $1.50 over spot.........

11. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

You'll be waiting a long time since the U.S. mint sells them for $2 over spot :D

12. medoraman

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, I know that gold and silver are money, I care not if others believe the same."

-Wow, pretty classic definition of religion, isn't it? Sorry, I invest with my head, and my heart and religious views go to church on Sunday. At least my Bible isn't dictating that only gold and silver shall I use as money. My Bible pretty much lets me decide my own investments.

"The average fiat currency lasts 40-50 years, maybe the dollar will last longer, maybe it won't."

-Hasn't the gold backing of the dollar been revoked for over 40 years already? Are we predicting the apocalype of the dollar in the next decade?

BTW, you do know all copper coinage in nearly the history of the world has been fiat, right? Copper was always struck at a value higher than the innate metal. Gold and silver frequently was valued at a price higher than the innate metal. Yes, even a coprunickel dime today will never fall to absolute zero because you can always scrap it, so is the real issue is that you want some kind of metal backing on money, you simply hate paper money? That is fair, but the vast majority of people disagree with you, and hate coins and ONLY want paper money for convenience.

13. green18

I'll probably be waiting a long time for $2-$3 over spot too.......

14. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

How much is a junk silver quarter?

15. medoraman

Wait for a few more gyrations, and for people to get used to the new pricing structure. Like I said, I and anyone with a history around PM predicted this. Basis always increases in a steep decline.

Everyone thinks they are getting a "bargain" now since they were used to paying $35 for an ASE. Humans are creatures of habit, their memories are as long as you know what. What will happen is pm rebounds, goes down, rebounds, goes down again, people see they are not GUARANTEED a short term profit by buying at these levels, new inventory starts building up, people need to sell, and the basis will decrease. Or, prices go back up and people are glad they paid the high basis. The latter is what happened in 2008, the former in the 80's. If markets stay in this price band, premiums have to decrease. There is only so much pent up demand, especially in silver.

16. medoraman

www.coinflation.com is the simplest answer for you sir.

17. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Religion? No, I understand the facts and don't need anyone else's views to validate the truth. Hence it matters not to me whether or not anyone agrees with me on the issue. If everyone is telling me that 2+2=3, I will not care because I know what the answer is.

In fact its quite the opposite of religion since most religions try to convince others of their views, I, on the other hand couldn't care less what others believe.

The dollar may collapse within the next 10 years, it also may not.

18. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

One person could buy an entire years worth of silver production. It's simply impossible to know what the demand will end up being, especially on the investment side. (industrial demand can be estimated fairly accurately)

19. green18

Time to plug in the crystal ball fellers........:)

Mine's on the fritz.

20. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

My family has been hoarding wampum for ove 200 years, when the US finally gets back to "real" money.... it will all be worth it!

21. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Every time I think it cannot get more ridiculous, it does. Now we are fighting back ??????? Against who??? This is not a team sport, it is not a religion, it should not be a way of life.

Investment classes are things you make decisions about, not something you believe in or not. There is no reason to be tied to any investment class for life.

How hard is it to understand the bloggers, bullion dealers, and premium buillion service folks all want to convert folks into lemmings to follow without question. Why? Here is the kicker. They want your USD's !!!!! Does Ted Butler ask you to send him silver? No, he wants 600 of you USD's per year to tell you that you don't even want those nasty USD's anyways. How about the bullion dealers? They have the Bullion already, but they don't want it. they want your USD's How about Eric Sprott? He wants you to by into his fund and he gives you the option of taking his precious silver at high premiums. Does he want his silver? No, he wants your USD's He wants a lot of them, the more the better.

None of the blogger predictions have come true. Silver is not trading at $100, we have not gone into hyperinflation, the equities market did not crash. What has happend is silver has dropped from $48 to $23 just as the value investors said it would. So do the Bloggers say OOPS we made a mistake. No they use the most transparent trick in the book. They blame it on someone else. It was the manipulators that did it and the stackers eat it up. Yeah its those blasted manipulators, now we need to fight back. Give me a break.

Look in the mirror stackers and face the facts. YOU'VE BEEN DUPED!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted