Market Shennanigans and Thoughts

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SD51555, Jul 8, 2016.

1. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

Been a better time to be a bullion holder as of late. I've been away for a while because there hasn't been too much happening, that is until Brexit happened. There's been a sweet move up in platinum. If any of you guys are holding some, you've noticed. It also looks like there was a little belly bumping in the gold futures already this morning.

I don't draw any conclusion from it. It just always gets my interest up when there is a lightning bolt swing in the market price. Maybe it was a trade triggered by the jobs report.

chart.PNG

Tim Lackie Jr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Are you one of those SPAM guys who act like they are putting out interesting news, but actually are PHISHING for commodity clients?

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's a normal market. Brexit happened. Market moved up. Profit taking on a small move. All precious metals are volatile. This is normal for the news.

5. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Plain and simple...Brexit blamed on metals move, stock market on a move, I sense a little inflation happening or maybe just a set up for market profit taking in the very near future.

Tim Lackie Jr and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  6. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Didn't your momma ever teach you not to taunt a guy with a loaded gun?

Actually he's our canary in the coal mine (gold mine in our case).

Welcome back SD...

Gilbert, SD51555, green18 and 2 others like this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

To me it just looks like somebody had a standing "buy beaucoup ounces at $1335 on the way down" order booked. Maybe even accompanied by a "sell at $1355" order. Also note that the big drop happened at the very instant the New York NYMEX exchange opened.

GoldFinger1969 and Tim Lackie Jr like this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Do you see anything in his substantial posting history that would indicate that? I sure don't.

Insider and Tim Lackie Jr like this.
  9. Alegandron

No taunts intended guys.

10. Brett_in_Sacto

Say you're sorry, and send each of us a Silver Eagle - you will be forgiven.

11. Alegandron

And I have never been afraid to state may position, even with a loaded gun present.

Insider and Tim Lackie Jr like this.
  12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Brexit is fold news, Dow 200 up

13. Brett_in_Sacto

And what goes up.... Yeah, you know... :) Wait for it... Wait for it... (pause)

14. Tim Lackie Jr

Tim Lackie Jr Active Member

F-it! I'm just going to invest in and use SALT as currency again!lol

Pap4tinker and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Except, of course, for gold and silver, right?

16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Who says it's loaded ;)

And no, SD is not a phisher. In fact, pm's usually drop precipitously after he posts. Not today though :greedy:

Even with the overly expected jobs report we saw I big dip but buyers still stepped in with miners, paper and physical being gobbled up. The market is screaming one thing... Better buy in asap or be left in the gold dust :)

17. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

Yeah, no spamming here. If you haven't followed my posts, my only claim to fame is that I have the septic touch when it comes to metals. With one trade, I have the power to move the market. It just always happens to be in the opposite direction of what I've just done.

A good example: A while back I was sharing how I was going to profit off a sideways market in gold by owning GDX and selling covered calls on it. I had a position built at $13 and was selling the calls at $17. I of course lost all my shares at a limited profit of $17. Had I not been so bold to bet my own money that GDX wouldn't go over $17, it would have never made it to the $30 it's at today. Anyone who has done the exact opposite of me to this point is going to be a very rich person.

Now that I've made light of the fact that platinum is up substantially, It'll likely tumble to the low $900s within a couple weeks.

#SepticTouch

18. Alegandron

All is good, and thanks for educating me. :)

19. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

New guy here and not a professional economist so go easy on me. QE, ZIRP, NIRP all unprecedented and so are all the unintended consequences, some of which we know (stock buybacks/corporate debt) but others?. Manufacturing jobs being diluted via off shoring and technology... Where's Demand going if this trend continues and ergo profits?

Promises, promises, promises... Everybody is owed something from S.S. to welfare, disability, pensions, etc... Not sure even metals can save one's butt from the storms headed our way but maybe after? I won't pretend to know the when but I think the what is a certainty. Debase is all they've got or something worse like war.

Tim Lackie Jr and Gilbert like this.
  20. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

Hard to say what'll happen. It'll be interesting when money starts coming back out of the bond market. It's gotta go somewhere, and it's likely going to blow something up.

21. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Welcome back! You sure brought the trolls out of the closet. Remember? The ones who claimed there was no metals manipulation?

Draft saved Draft deleted