Lost Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Erdehimmel, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Erdehimmel

Erdehimmel New Member

Hi, I recently tried to sweep a Bitcoin paperwallet on which there was no Bitcoin Cash using by mistake the electron CASH wallet. As a result, I lost the Bitcoin in the paper wallet and got nothing of course on the Bitcoin Cash Wallet. Total lost. Any body know why the Bitcoin disapear? And of it is possible to find it back?
    Thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

depends, you have to be more specific. What wallet are you using, and you cant access it anymore? do you have your downloaded .bin file still?

4. Erdehimmel

Erdehimmel New Member

Just as I said, I don't use any specific wallet. I had a Bitcoin paper wallet, I swept it with the wallet Electron CASH (which is not a Bitcoin wallet) and this procedure emptied the paper wallet from it's Bitcoin. And obviously, I didn't get anything in the Electron Cash wallet.

5. John T.

John T. Active Member

Don't you have to have a special password? If you lose it, you lose the bit coins.

6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Im not familiar with 'paper wallets', the variety of wallets I use are either web based, or physically downloaded (the best). Either way, the downloaded one will be on your pc in a .bin file, and a web based one will only require you to use your PW. Can you share a link to this 'paper wallet' your referring to?

7. John T.

John T. Active Member

The only reason that I'm in the conversation, is that I bought something years ago and I'm pretty sure it was bit coin. My computer got a virus and I had to get it cleaned. How do I find my password?

8. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

You find it on the piece of paper you wrote it down on.

9. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

every wallet tells you to write it down in big letters as soon as you sign up.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

This is why they say there are millions of dollars in lost bitcoins out there.

11. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

easy, pen and paper way to old fashioned for these kids now days

12. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

13. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Sounds like you did the equivalent of storing your savings in the ash pan of the wood stove.

Draft saved Draft deleted