Little change after world events this weekend

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by desertgem, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Ah, I see. Probably the immediate doings probably won't - at least they haven't yet, except to make defense contacting stocks go up sharply. Whether they stay there remains to be seen.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yep, tech and pharma are flying high and the fashionable buy. But who recovered best from the 2008-09 debacle? He who had the guts to buy heavily into beaten down equities like banks and U.S. auto companies, especially Ford (and their debt). Chasing the currently fashionable play is a fool's strategy, like going long on metals in summer 2011. "Investors" like people who did that deserve their fates.

4. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I made out very well on Ford - buying in at $3-$5 on average. I even got in on a few shares at the $2 range. I did sell too early, didn't think the run would last. I sold out at 11. Then again, a win is a win.

When everyone is getting on the bus, find an exit point. Once everyone's off - you can name your price on the best seat for the ride.

Back to bullion... It's usually a slow ride, but a nice stable one. Kinda like a Ford Crown Victoria without the police package. Occasionally you can get a little wild with it - but for the most part it's just meant to give you a comfortable ride in retirement. :)

5. Santinidollar

The stock market can baffle one. Who would have thought the S&P would have had its best week of 2015 after last Friday's attacks in Paris? Apparently the market has figured out that we are going to have marginally higher interest rates and it's going about its business.

As I said earlier and have felt for a long time. 0.25 percent. Whoopee!

6. Santinidollar

Not quite as bold as you. I bought Ford at 9 and rode it up to 18 for a nifty two-fer. The company seems not to be able to make Me. Market happy for any reason now.

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Time will tell, unfortunately terrorists aren't done with us yet and will only be happy when they make all Muslims terrorists. Unfortunately there will be more ups and downs coming our way in the price of PM's.

8. Santinidollar

One thing organized terrorists are after, as much, as terror and murder, is economic instability.

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Things are going to heat up in E. Europe. Ceasefire etc will go bye bye.

10. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Silver is up a little this morning. Is it in response to the news?

11. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

What news? The Zombie Fulfillment Center had a meeting yesterday but I can't find the list of the really cool ideas that came out of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted