Let's Be honest, what can you really sell your Silver for?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by About Good, May 6, 2010.

1. Pocket Change

Pocket Change Coin Collector

Spot on.

In the new CHAOS, kingpins will show up, create their own "currency", etc. The crazy old coots sitting on their hilltops will run out of bullets and get overrun by the masses.

It is inevitable that old systems will be replaced by new systems - and they will be run by the guys and gals who are the sharpest and the swiftest. Not the ones with the biggest guns or most bullets.

To think otherwise is to ignore 4000 years of history

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Since most of your post is opinion, nobody can prove or disprove most of the contents. What is left really isn't actionable. The odds have been against human progress since the beginning, and there will always be problems to deal with. It's just part of the human condition.

4. Gipper1985

Gipper1985 Junior Member

It seems to me the sharpest and the swiftest only run things after they have secured the biggest guns and the most bullets.

Personally, I collect bullion mostly for amusement and for the hope it will retain it's value as long as civilization continues to progress. I don't think it would do me much good if society was to collapse. It seems like it would take generations/decades for society to reform itself into something where bullion would be commonly used for trade. Famine, disease, and those with the most bullets would wipe out most of the population before the sharpest and the swiftest could reform it. By that time I suspect all of us would be long gone and our bullion would be mostly forgotten.

It is often said that bullion has always been used for trade, which I believe to be true. It has always been my understanding that it was desirable in trade centuries ago because average people knew how to use it to make things and make life better. It continues to be valuable now because of tradition and its use in industry. I don't see why bullion would be treasured by a modern society in chaos were very few people would be able to take care of themselves very long let alone make something useful from bullion. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted