LCS Bullion Prices

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by CoinBlazer, Apr 2, 2019.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

My LCS has a very simple method for pricing bullion, junk silver and generic pre 1933 gold. Every morning he is sent his refiner report. This refiner report shows what the refiner will buy for what price and what the refiner advises the LCS to price items at. For example, todays price for ASE was $19 for sale and LCS will buy at 14.50
    For Numismatics, he uses greysheets.
    What does your shops pricing system look like?

twoshadows likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

A savvy businessman bases his sales price on his replacement cost. This is a proven business model for most.

I have 100 widgets in stock that I bought bought for $1.00. I sell my widget for $1.25. I know that my next order of widgets will cost me $1.10 so I am raising my price to $1.40 to cover my replacement cost.

That’s the proven model for any thinking businessman. However coin shops are like any small business. Sometimes there is an overstock and sometimes there is a need for liquid cash...... Here’s a hint. All small businessmen have to pay quarterly taxes. I would bet the week leading up to April 15, June 15 and September 15 you could get a deal. Only because your dealer is in need of cash to pay those quarterly taxes..... Just a little something to chew on.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

What you need to understand is not all dealers are the same, or all bullion
    Transactions so you have to be careful and deal with someone reliable.

5. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

IMO there is no way you should be paying $19 for an ASE. Many online dealers will sell them to you under $17 and free shipping if you spend $100.

My god $19 is almost 30% over spot thats like buying a gold eagle for $1700.

SD bullion is under $17 for BU ASES

The $2 difference matters

Draft saved Draft deleted