Last time I order online

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Comixbooks, Aug 23, 2016.

1. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Sometimes the USPS does wonderous things. I once bought a rare banknote. The seller had my correct address. The package was addressed to the correct ZIP, wrong state, correct city, wrong street name, correct street address. I got it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

My 10oz Provident Bar arrived yesterday going to make sure any Bullion purchases take direct routes. Or Order in bigger quantities with signature confirmation.

4. Mickey in PDX

Mickey in PDX Active Member

Speaking of wondrous things by USPS, when living in La., local Iris grower in Prairieville, La once got an order from out of country, addressed to "Prairie Dog Down", no zip, no state.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

[​IMG]
    They found us - we're SAVED!

Mickey in PDX likes this.
  6. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I live in a rural area, where we have cluster mailboxes. As it happens, the cluster boxes are located at the foot of my driveway. The road curves and goes uphill right at my driveway, so the county put in a guardrail the length of the curve. That stopped cars from not making the curve, roll down the embankment and wind-up next to my house.

Somehow a car hit the guardrail (drunk driver) at my driveway, went through the steel rail and knocked over the second (I don't know how he missed the first) set of mailboxes, backed out and took off. One set of cluster boxes laying on the ground, guess where my box was.

Now here's the good part, the county fixed the guardrail in three days- three days! County workers just don't work that quick out here. How long did it take the US Post Office to replace the knocked over cluster? Five weeks! Those of us who were in the knocked over cluster had to drive 10 miles each way, to get our mail each day at the nearest Post Office. Each day I was asked for identification to get my mail, you'd think after five weeks they would recognize me.

green18 likes this.
  7. Eric White

Eric White Active Member

I take back what I said in earlier post. On Wednesday my package had traveled from Oklahoma to California. Wonder of wonders, it got from LA down to Orlando on Thursday. It was delivered today, friday. I don't understand the route it took to get here, but it arrived. It was shipped economy.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Economy for whom? Not them.

Draft saved Draft deleted