Last time I order online

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Comixbooks, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Don't feel alone. Everything I have been sending to Florida seems to be getting processed through Jacksonville. Jacksonville sends the packages back to Springfield, Ma., Springfield send to Jersey City, N.J. and N.J. sends back to Jacksonville for delivery elsewhere in Fl. Finally gets there but WTH!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I was married by a Unitarian minister in Lancaster. Sadly, the minister only lasted a few years afterward; happily, the marriage is coming up on 26 years.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

My daughter was getting married in Portland, OR and a friend of hers was going to get a license from some on-line church and do the deed. They flaked out and with 2 weeks to go, I got my license, walked her down the aisle, stepped to the side and donned my academic robes and performed the ceremony!

green18 and silentnviolent like this.
  5. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I will tell you that I'm nearly 60 years old and yet to have a bad experience with the United States Postal Service. They get a lot of crap for an organization that delivers a lot of stuff for a cheap price with a nearly 100% delivery percentage. My only gripe is that they should raise the price of a first class postage stamp to stay in the black. Of course, a bunch of folks on this site will debate it. They will want their stuff for free or they will want to tax the guy behind the tree.

medjoy likes this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, what did he ever do to deserve the shady spot?

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

As far as coins go, I have had nothing but good fortune with the Postal Service. I hope I am not jinxing himself.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

So who you payin' off? Spill your guts, Munchkin.

Mickey in PDX likes this.
  9. Santinidollar

Rofl

Mickey in PDX likes this.
  10. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

We must hope for shade when sun is all we got.

11. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I hate communists....damn Marxist ! :D

12. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

This is fairly routine actually,I've ordered stuff from NYC,and I am in NJ,and for some reason it has to make a few trips all up and down the east coast before finally reaching me,literally could have had it the same day I ordered it. Don't sweat it too much.

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Did you just make a 5 & dime joke Kurt. Talk about dating yourself :p

14. V. Kurt Bellman

I used to date myself, but my mommy told me I'd go blind. :eek::D Seriously, for my second real job, after I parked my car (a 1971 Mercury Comet) my shortest route to my job was to walk through a Woolworth store.

green18 and Mickey in PDX like this.
  15. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I had a package once that from the origination steps went to
    1 - Allen Park
    2 - Saginaw
    3 - the local Post Office that wasn't my PO - but only 1-1/4 mile away
    4 - Allen Park for redistribution
    5 - my local post office about 1 mile away.
    6 - had some problem delivering it to my house (not like any other mail has a problem?).
    7 - picked it up at the PO.

16. V. Kurt Bellman

I must lead a charmed rural life. I've never had a tracked package go anywhere that didn't make sense.

17. Eric White

Eric White Active Member

I was reading this forum early this week. Thinking the Post Office was always good shipping to me, but today I can't say that. I ordered for APMEX in OK been keeping eye on tracking, expecting package tomorrow or Friday. Well, came home from work today and the package is in California, and I live in Florida. I will be lucky if I see the package before next Friday now, if they don't deliver it to wrong address.....:(
    Or the seller gave me wrong tracking number, which I hope they did.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  18. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

August 24, 2016 , 3:38 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GREEN BAY, WI 54303

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in GREEN BAY, WI 54303 on August 24, 2016 at 3:38 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    August 24, 2016 , 3:38 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

GREEN BAY, WI 54303

August 24, 2016 , 2:09 pm

Departed USPS Facility

OSHKOSH, WI 54901

August 24, 2016 , 2:30 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

OSHKOSH, WI 54901

August 23, 2016 , 7:35 pm

Departed USPS Destination Facility

CHICAGO METRO

August 23, 2016 , 1:14 am

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

CHICAGO METRO

This is the most backward eCommerce cheap shipping tactics I ever seen if I ever have a choice going to stay away from the big sites and just use ebay with dealers who use straight carriers. Playing Hot potato is more like it....

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  19. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I have bought a lot of silver from Provident Metals with NO problems with shipping.

Waiting for silver spot to drop a little bit more so I can order a couple of "The Plank"
    2 ouncers.

The_Plank.JPG

20. John McRaney

John McRaney New Member

In Wilmer Texas, the United States Post Office says they deliver. They do not. I lose my order, my money and the PO acts like they are innocent. They cannot do their job to deliver. John

21. Santinidollar

I know where Wilmer is. You have my sympathy.

Draft saved Draft deleted