Lakota 1oz silver rounds (Crazy Horse)

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by New collector, Sep 8, 2021.

1. New collector

New collector Member

Is there any information of how many of the Lakota Crazy Horse rounds were made by year? They were produced 2008 thru 2013. I searched but find nothing.
    upload_2021-9-8_11-14-11.png

Eric the Red, tibor and midas1 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Wish I had an answer to your question. I do not, but this is the second post I have seen on the Lakota silver rounds and I am feeling the need for one. They are quite attractive.

fretboard likes this.
  4. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice but not worth $30 per piece. Or should I say not worth $30 per ounce.

6. New collector

New collector Member

7. abuckmaster147

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  8. abuckmaster147

Here is from 2009 ampex
    Design struck by Osborne Mint and artistry is officially licensed from Indian artist Kenneth Ferguson.

9. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

My research came up with Blockchain Mint as the producer. Singapore. Waiting for a reply on the mintages.

I followed links from the Lakota round, but their homepage displays Rearden Metals offering 1oz .999 silver bar…Spark

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

cool coin, since it would be considered a generic round, I think production figures
    would be a challenge to get.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  11. rte

rte Well-Known Member

The crazy horse might be the new collector piece like the vintage pancho villa bullion.

12. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

I’ve checked back several times but Blockchain Mint doesn’t respond…and the Osborne Mint has no matches to the keyword “Lakota”….Spark

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  13. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

It is virtually impossible to pin down a production number from Mints other than the US Mint (sometimes it takes months to get it from them) Generic rounds are usually .999 fine silver and the people that purchase a round base it on the appearance of the coin ie Trump Rounds vs Biden rounds it is dependent on the persons personal taste. My friend at our LCS can't keep Buffaloes in stock as an example.
    Stay Safe
    Phil

Draft saved Draft deleted