Kitco post about Moy and Comments

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by medoraman, Apr 30, 2021.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Wow. I wandered over to Kitco, (Google suggested the article, not sure I trust Google knowing I know about pm...), and read an article there.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-04-...-to-cover-paper-former-U-S-Mint-Director.html

Seems kind of weird. I read Moy's comments on how the world mints cannot keep up. This has more to do with retail demand spike. The Kitco article seems to infer this means there is a worldwide shortage of bullion.

Anyway, ventured down to the comments section. Geez, those are some HARDCORE PM believers there. Mason references, "worldwide Kabal (sic)", etc etc. References to "dropping $3.7 billion worth of silver on the market in 5 minutes", (I am assuming the market maker created new contracts since the old ones expired). Just a great big echo chamber how the world is going to "all covet my precious some day, yes they will my precious".

Makes you appreciate how sane our PM board here is. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

PM is nice
    But I mean yes, there are some serious kooks out there. I saw a guy who cut a couple ASEs into 'bits' like some old Spanish coin and sell them over their melt price.

They were 'trade coinage' for when the government falls.

I was a little appalled. I don't speak to him anymore, plus I think hes in jail.

Eric the Red and fretboard like this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I cannot agree more with this.

5. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Something's wrong with my kitco page. All figures show red instead of green.

-jeffB and Evan Saltis like this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

But since PMs are the standard yardstick of value, what do you suppose is pumping up the worthless fiat dollar? And, at the same time, pumping up my salary, my groceries, and my gas?

derkerlegand likes this.
  7. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Well, one of the three is good, but with the raging river of those worthless fiat dollars flowing unabated, it doesn't seem like there'll be any way to avoid our largest inflation ever. As has been the case many times before, there's a good possibility that I'm wrong. Then too, If things cost 10X but we're earning 15X, that'll be fine.:borg:

Eric the Red likes this.
  8. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

Keep stacking! The physical puchasing and holding of coins and bullion is the only way to beat the rigging system that's been in place for generations.:)

9. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

when was the last time you made a bunch of money selling silver?

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

For me, it was right after I'd gotten a screaming deal buying the silver. Which is about the only time I buy silver.

11. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

Hey frydaddyJr.everybody has their own way of doing things. I don't stack precious metals to flip for small profits. I really dont see the point in making a few dollars. I like to make $ a little faster:) There a ton of better investment options like stocks, cryptos, real estate etc.. I would rather flip a small business for a couple hundred grand in profits then convert my profits into other long term strategies such as precious metals etc . To each their own :)

Draft saved Draft deleted