Just started my PM coin journey today !

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 4, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Not sure what most of the other CT members think of the 1/10 ounce approach
    to collecting and investing in gold and in this case Platinum to , even though i did buy a 1 gram gold bar last week.

am getting all geared up to expand this way, just more affordable then trying to
    save up for a larger size and plus its more on the scale of a 10 OZ bar what i have
    been buying lately, today ordered a red tube holder which fits 20 1/10 OZ Gold
    and bought the same with a black cap for the Platinum and bought a coin for each
    so i am excited to get started !!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

It's fun to start a gold and platinum collection. Congrats !!

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

The best to you in this new endeavor. I also just purchased my first 1/10th Platinum and 1/10th Palladium a couple days ago.

brandon spiegel likes this.
  5. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Congrats to both of you. May your stacks grow like weeds.

6. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

7. brandon spiegel

I just got a $5 gold piece at the TNA show =)

tommyc03, mpcusa and Clawcoins like this.
  8. mpcusa

Was that in coin form ? if so where did you get it ?

9. mpcusa

The exact coins were the 1/10 oz Krugerrand and the APE, i chose the Krugerrand
    even though there is a premium over the AGE, just because i think it is a more
    Popular issue for investment purposes.

10. brandon spiegel

I love opening up my box of silver coins and admiring all of the different 1-ounce designs! Its truly amazing what they are minting, especially with the koalas, pandas, and kookaburras!

mpcusa likes this.
  11. mpcusa

i find myself holding this allot its a real handful !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brandon spiegel and tommyc03 like this.
  12. mpcusa

13. mpcusa

I like the way this particular bar actually spell how many OZ,S are in a KILO
    Now i know 32.15 OZ,S

14. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I am sooo embarrassed. I was thinking about 2 1/10th ounce gold I purchased. Canadian Wolf's. Please forgive my error. I picked up a 1 gram platinum and three one gram Palladium bars. Pamp Suisse. Off the Bay.

15. mpcusa

I was looking for Palladium but couldnt find any bars will go ahead and try and find
    some, Thanks for the info :)

tommyc03 likes this.
  16. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

nothing wrong with buying gold, even in small amounts. makes more sense than buying just silver

mpcusa likes this.
  17. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Actually, 32.1505. It can make a difference if you are talking gold.

18. mpcusa

It does add up :)

19. mpcusa

Thanks for the clarification :) but I doubt if I will be buying a kilo of gold anytime soon...LOL

20. 2011steeny

2011steeny Member

Whether your buying Gold, Silver, Platinum, or any other PM, you need to watch the market pretty closely as an Investor. If your purchasing PM's as a Collector, you still need to be aware of market prices, but your purchases as a collector will probably, (and usually), cost slightly more.

If you have the funds to purchase PM's as an investor, and you have a way to sell them when the prices go up, then by all means go for it. However, I would inform you, that this is a very risky business, and you can loose your shirt really quickly if you're not careful, and you don't have the right business plan.

If your purchasing PM's as a collector, you will generally be getting items that are of particular interest to you. These items can be passed down to future generations, and can easily be worth much more then what you purchased them for. Then again, the items could be worth less in value, but 100 times more in significance, to those you leave them to.

It all comes down to the size of your wallet, and/or your collecting or investing interests. Precious Metals will always have value, whether as an investment, (which you will have to wait for), or as a collection, (for the significant value). How you decide to categorize them, is totally up to you, and how much you want to spend.

21. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

There is another option you did not consider. Certainly there are investors and there are collectors. But there are also hedgers. I don't expect an investment return from my PMs but I do expect that they will become a long term hedge against inflation and potential financial crises. I leave other things to investment.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted