Just received my first silver round order.Take a look.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rjbeck, Feb 10, 2010.

1. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

I just received my order from Provident metals today and wanted to show what I received. I bought the Peace dollar and Barber dollar rounds. The design on the front comes close to the original and are dated on both coins and the backs are the design of a different U.S. coin. The Barber back has the Standing Liberty quarter design and the Peace dollar back is the ASE I think.The order took 3 days door to door. I don't work for them, I just happen to find some real nice looking rounds and decided to let you guys know about them if you all ready didn't.Thanks Randy

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

My only question is.....where is the mints insignia? Usually the company will put the name or their mint somewhere on the coin. I don't see it anywhere. If you wanted to sell this, and someone asked, "who minted this?", would you be able to tell them? Would they believe you?

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Very nice, I like the Barber best :D Do they do many other designs?

5. chip

chip Novice collector

have you checked the weight? I have found many of my englehard bars are slightly overweight

6. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

These designs were from the Golden State Mint

Hi De Orc, I found out my rounds were minted at Golden State mint and they do have several other designs which you can purchase from them for $.065 over spot which is a great price. I understand that there is a 100 oz min, But it also states they will sell any amount you want directly from the mint which is very unusual and there delivery time is less then a week. Not like NWT mint,The Perth mint,Monex and Goldline that sell bullion and rounds, they take up to 6month's for delivery.I have read many complaints about these other mints and there delivery times being extremely long.The company I went thru was Provident metals because they accepted credit cards and the mint only accepts wires and checks and you must call in all orders.I hope this was helpful Randy

Attached Files:

7. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thank you Randy it certainly was :bow:

8. Nice way to get the classic coin design but in clean bright white silver bullion. Good time to buy as well as silver spot has dipped. Congrats on your purchase. TC

9. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The silver rounds I've seen typically do not have the mint stamped on them. All things considered, ASEs are preferable from the standpoint of purity, weight and recognition. Just because someone stamps .999 on a round doesn't mean it is.

10. Hudson James

Hudson James Junior Member

Yes, this is extremely discouraging and the deal breaker for me. When buying generic silver, personally, I perfer to have the mint on the bar/round.

http://www.apmex.com/Product/55208/1_oz_Silver_Rounds_999_Fine___Sunshine_Minting.aspx

11. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

Attached Files:

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Very Nice!!

13. Zuhara

Zuhara Junior Member

Personally, I think silver bars and rounds are the way to go now that premiums on 90% silver are going up, and premiums on coins are as high as 19 or 20%. I think you got a good deal.

14. packman850

packman850 Junior Member

Those are very nice rounds, I have one of there 1929 Indian rounds it's one of my favorites. When it comes to rounds it doesn't matter to me if it's stamped with the mint or not as long as it's real silver after going through the normal weight test ect. But with bars I won't buy them unless they have the mint on them somewhere.

15. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

If you found out a round was actually .98 and was stamped .999 is that grounds for sueing, as in false advertising? That is fraud, is it not?

16. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

Tolerance under 15 U.S.C. § 296 is four one-thousandth parts. So, .98 would exceed that limitation. 15 U.S.C. § 298 makes stamping a round as .999 fineness and assaying at .98 fineness a misdemeanor, punishable by up to $500 and/or 3 months imprisonment (for each charge). Furthermore, the manufacturer and any other person with knowledge of the infraction involved in the sales chain would be actionable as well.

17. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i had picked up all these plus a lot of other designs. they are very striking. they have very nice detail. most of mine i got of the Bay. usually i was getting them for between .50-1.00 over spot. nice pickups indeed/ :thumb:

18. coinundrum

coinundrum Junior Member

I just placed an order with these guys a few days ago. Prices seemed reasonable. As long as there are no problems, there are a lot of other things that I'll be purchasing from them soon.

19. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

I guess that's my concern with the rounds not having the mints insignia on it. With the insignia on it, if it was found to not be of the quality it says it is, someone would be held accountable. If the round didn't have the mints insignia, how would you be able to claim you got it from them or it was a round they produced?

20. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

Well my order was placed on the 12th and arrived on the 18th. Super fast shipping time especially since the order came all the way from Texas to Germany.

When i received the order it turns out they combined both of my separate orders into one package. Great job on their part.

I inspected the items and 1 of my orders was correct. 10 random bars and 10 onzas.

2nd order was 10 Cuauhtemoc and 10 random bars. It turns out that they sent me the wrong product because instead of sending me Cuauhtemocs they sent me the 1968 Olympic 25 pesos. I wasnt too happy in receiving those since it was not what i ordered so I called them up, explained the siatuation and they gave me two choices, either send back the product and they would send me the correct items or they would pay me the difference between the Cuauhtemocs and the 25 pesos. I took the refund and they gave me the difference in my favor since I purchased at a lower price. refund was sent instantly

Overall great customer service and product at fair prices. I will be a return customer for future orders.

2 thumbs up....way up from me

Did i mention I received some Credit Suisse bars, lots of Silvertowne some 70s SAB, 1 JM...and one of the highlights was a Women's Liberation bar which Ive wanted for a while.

Ive made a good size order after getting tax returns due to their excellent pricing and service

21. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Me too.

Draft saved Draft deleted