Just Pre-ordered 2018 silver Krugerrands

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Silversloth, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Silversloth

Silversloth Member

Since the announcement of the '18 silver Krugerrands, I knew I had to have a roll. I Was first going to remain patient and see where the PM market takes us. I'm locked in now. If the future value is on par with the ASE or CMLs, It will be an OK buy one day. Several are destined for stocking stuffers later this year.

Dougmeister likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Aw man, and I didn't even get you anything yet... ;-)

Silversloth and spirityoda like this.
  4. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Why not wait? Silver is continuing to drop. There's no reason to lock yourself in to this price for the next 2 weeks. Just imagine, on the first week of August, how you will feel if you could have bought those same Krugerrands for 50 cents less each (or more)?

5. Silversloth

Silversloth Member

"how you will feel if you could have bought those same Krugerrands for 50 cents less each" - I know. But @ .50 I'm already over it.

6. myownprivy

You bought a roll. If the price drops by 50 cents you lose $12.50. Why would you EVER preorder bullion? Do you think there is going to be a shortage?

7. Silversloth

Silversloth Member

I bought a roll of African bullion. The only way I could have got a better per ounce price is by buying a monster box... I would have saved about 50 cents a piece. Did not really make sense. I paid about the same price I would have paid for ASE bullion. I think the Krugers premium + spot will remain at or above the ASE in the future. I don't have to pay for it until well after the expected ship date, no interest. Is there anything else you need to know to make you more comfortable with my purchase?

8. myownprivy

It's silly. You're like a teenage girl who is so excited about a boy band coming to town that she convinces daddy to overpay for "special" VIP presale tickets because she is so impatient.

The only difference between you and that hypothetical girl is that, presumably, you bought this bullion for yourself without daddy's money--but all of the same feminine giddy impatience is still there.

9. Silversloth

Silversloth Member

That is the reponse I expect from someone who was forced to sell in a down market... and couldn't.

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The prices make them a no brainer, even cheaper then ASE,S i sure hope the price
    Stays the same are close to it after they are released, would like to get me a couple rolls atleast.

Silversloth likes this.
  11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Its really amazing that the 2017,s are at such a high price point in comparison
    to the 18,s over half !!

12. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

:yawn:

13. Silversloth

Silversloth Member

Oranges and apples. There were no "bullion" '17s.

Draft saved Draft deleted