Junk Silver Stash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverTracker, Jun 7, 2017.

1. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

I thought it might be fun to have a thread dedicated to our junk silver stashes.

I really do not consider these type of coins as "junk" but I am using the terminology that the coin community at large knows it by. So post away and any amount goes.

So my stash in the pic is face value $ 58.50. My goal is to have $ 100.00 face value and when I accomplish that goal I will post another pic.
    ST

Attached Files:

Mad Stax likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Looks like you're off to a good start, keep going.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Still trying to add the 90 %, looking at some waking halves in the very near future

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

This is kind of like the how much silver do you have thread. Just keep stacking ST!

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I love Walking Halves. those got me hooked on ASEs.

7. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Don't count, just add. I measure mine in $100 face-value bags. I don't know how many bags I have as they are offsite and I don't bother to keep track. As long as I know where they are that is all that is important.

(Actually, I do keep track in a spreadsheet, but I have no idea what the spreadsheet says as it is not important.)

8. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

For someone preparing for the apocalypse, not knowing how much you have seems awfully unprepared.

9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Yes, it probably would be, wouldn't it. Just job I'm not. But as I said, I do have records but there is no need to commit them to memory. Do you know exactly what you bank balance is at every moment? Or your investment account balances?

10. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Actually, yes, I do, to the thousands of dollars.

However, I am also not someone preparing for the apocalypse. It would seem if you are, you should know how much "emergency" silver you have, at least to the hundreds of ounces.

11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

So where are we disagreeing?

12. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

This was never about finding out how much junk silver anyone person had. I mean when you think of it you can get a good feel how much silver/gold someone has just by reading posts they make and tracking it. Believe you me that is not my intention and I only started this thread because this is the platform to share and learn with others with the same interest.

But lesson learned no more posts of acquisitions or any goals met..

13. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

I have had these since the late 70's. I was the family "coin collector" and inherited them from a great aunt while still in my teens. I actually had more but a few rolls of quarters "vanished" when I was away and silver prices went through the roof. At the time I had them in rolls based on year. Unfortunately the earlier quarters were the ones that were sold "for melt" without my knowledge. :arghh:

Silver stash.JPG

SilverTracker and Mad Stax like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted