James Madison presidential coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Sheldon Woodard, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Sheldon Woodard

Sheldon Woodard New Member

IMG_20211026_102440587.jpg Ive spent a little time in the past few days trying to figure out what exactly this coin is. I haven't found much, not even a similar picture. There are similar coins, but none of them are exact, any help?

Attached Files:

Mr.Q, expat and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Its not a coin,some kind of token/pattern etc.Is it actually 100+ years old,does it have Value?I don't know.

spirityoda likes this.
  4. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Hi and welcome to CT. I think this is what you have, and they are for sale on e-bay for about $8
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia73764.html

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Beat me:rolleyes::rolleyes:and op if you thought you were going to get rich sorry the truth sometimes hurts,still its history.

6. The lost coin

The lost coin Active Member

7. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and Welcome to the Crazy fun "Coin Talk" !
    I agree with @The lost coin . Token . No date .

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A James Madison token that honors him as the 4th US President. A nice copper token worth about $10.00 to the right person.

Mr.Q likes this.
  9. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

It is a token, I have one. I consider mine a keeper, you might also. Welcome to CT, keep posting.

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT Sheldon, where learning and fun begins.
    You came to the right place to ask about your token and got immediate correct answers, which is why we are here. Hope you continue to search and find interesting things to post. Please post photographs Full Image for easier viewing.
    This is what I've posted for new members in the past. Hope it helps.
    For the best results, you should post "in focus," FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and are easily enlarged by clicking on it). Photograph coins on neutral backgrounds like black, grey, or white. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows (you can use https://www.remove.bg for free), and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. While it isn’t always necessary, it is nice to show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

Mr.Q and JPD3 like this.
  11. Sheldon Woodard

Hey thanks guys! I wasn't looking to get rich luckily, just found it on a curb somewhere, I was just curious. Thanks for all your help!

mrweaseluv, Mr.Q, JPD3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Finding it every better. Welcome to CT.

13. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard the CT.:)

14. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

I get a buzz when I find a token.. I found this recently... IMG_20211102_112118__01.jpg IMG_20211102_112133__01.jpg

Sportsworld unfortunately closed in/around 2007 and the space was taken over by a Raymour & Flanigan. Unfortunately, the owner of Sportsworld was never very vocal about why the popular arcade had to close. Residents of NJ still hope for its return.

John Burgess and Collecting Nut like this.
  15. Collecting Nut

16. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Digging out from my archive of junk.
    IMG_2020-08-09_21-48-05.jpg IMG_2020-08-09_21-48-53.jpg

Grand Prix Race-o-Rama sold to Boomers! in 2004, Boomers! closed down in 2015 and had their own tokens but the GP token hung around for a lot of years after the sale to Boomers! I had a couple dozen of these in one of the old tootsie roll tube banks for a couple decades. the copper one is 25mm brass, I call it type1, the silver one is 25mm Copper-nickel type2.

I am a fan of the tokens that have a business name, or a state, or city even on them, almost a souvenir instead of the generic game tokens.

bruthajoe likes this.
  17. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Good city, good design, and who in world wouldn't want a token that says "Good Luck"? And Brass too! That slug got it all.

18. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

"Hey thanks guys! I wasn't looking to get rich luckily, just found it on a curb somewhere, I was just curious."
    Hey @Sheldon Woodard , sounds like a "curbside pickup " . :hilarious:

19. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  20. Sheldon Woodard

It absolutely was! I'm aware that if someone has a valuable coin or token, chances are they aren't carrying it anywhere they could lose it. I just couldn't find any pictures that were exactly similar and my family was curious :-D

Draft saved Draft deleted