Is this forum named correctly?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jason.A, May 6, 2018.

1. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If only they had been there last time... go figure. :)

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but anything I've ever voiced was not based in feeling aggrieved, nor am I one to run to daddy over what I can quite easily say for myself. Still, I'm not the fool blindly buying whatever he's told and much prefer to base my beliefs upon observed facts as opposed to even the understandably biased. Regardless, the offending remark was nothing more than a lighthearted kid not meant to be taken seriously even though based upon your past intolerance of websites with any political connections. Sometimes you give it back, sometimes you don't; it is what it is.

And even though not a gambler, I'd take that bet, post haste. ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am sure neither of us will change the other's personality, and would enjoy meeting you in person someday, truthfully! Have a nice evening. Jim

4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I would love that, to be able to meet many personalities on this board sometime as well. It would be a hoot.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Come to the Philly ANA. I'm on the Host Committee. I'm probably the LEAST hostile person from the general Philly area you'll meet. It's kind of our thing. People from here are "blunt on stilts".

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

So "investing in education" is right out, then? Investing in some good numismatic books? ;)

7. V. Kurt Bellman

Gawd no. That's "spending", both of them. It may be meritorious spending, but still.

8. -jeffB

I guess my definition of "investing" is a bit broader, then, because it includes non-financial or indirect financial returns.

I suppose one could make the case that education is "speculation", anyhow -- it's not guaranteed that finishing high school or getting a doctorate will benefit you down the road. But it seems like a smart bet.

9. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

A motion has been made to change the name of this section from "Bullion Investing" to "Bullion"

All those in favor, say "Aye"
    All those opposed, say "Nay"

10. V. Kurt Bellman

Sure. Why not? Aye.

11. -jeffB

Eh. Er, Aye.

Maybe next we can rename the US Coins Forum forum to just US Coins forum. ;) (Paper Money is still the place to discuss things you get from the ATM machine...)

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

13. BooksB4Coins

Aye... but perhaps it would be even more beneficial to change the name of the "error" forum to "The Twilight Zone", or at least post a health warning about potential headaches for those daring to wade into the muck. ;)

14. V. Kurt Bellman

Almost peed self. Error / Twilight Zone. I am s-o-o-o-o lifting that.

15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I don't care much except change for the sake of change I find annoying. Some people legitimately believe how they buy PM is an investment, and it seems most of them have not posted on this thread. Who are we to say they are wrong? We have all said our peace and definitions of "investing", but that does not make them "right".

Also, if the name is changed to "bullion", should I post about my avatar here? It is made of silver bullion, but I am not "investing" in it.

16. -jeffB

If the forum title is changed from "Error Coins" to just "Errors", I think that should satisfy @BooksB4Coins and @V. Kurt Bellman, as well as most everyone else. But then I guess the mods would be overwhelmed with reports saying "this thread's premise is completely bonkers, can we move it to the Errors forum?"

17. desertgem

It wouldn't matter if it was changed as the same people would post on the new one anyway. No one could possible think XXXX, or XXXXXX or XXXXXX, etc. could pass up the opportunity to make wise cracks. I vote to Leave it.

18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Jim, the wisecracks around here are like the Tabasco sauce in Louisiana red beans and rice. Part of the flavor!

19. V. Kurt Bellman

And they call ME a contrarian cuss. :troll: Hey wait, as long as we're opening it to a name change possibility, can we consider OTHER options that begin with "Bull..."?

20. desertgem

Wisecracks to experienced members are fine, they know where your heart is, but some jump on new members and blow them a new armpit by stamping on them for not following specific economical theorists or their taught ways of financing. this is great also if someone asks for it, but it is not for a newcomer holding his first ASE. Many members probably have coins they paid way too much for, and will never be worth more, but the owner is happy and would not think of selling anyway unless it was the last thing of monetary value in the house. Teach the new comers if you wish, but be a fair teacher, not one that believes "spare the rod and insults, and you spoil the child". Most think that is abuse, not fun IMO.

21. BooksB4Coins

Probably not, but that doesn't mean a good-natured shot to the ribs isn't warranted every once in a while. After all, it's good for the soul.

As would I, Jim, and sincerely so, but only as long as we can keep that bet. What Doug doesn't know won't hurt him. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted