Is Silver Over Priced ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Mar 2, 2021.

1. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I'd have to say that silver is a tad on the higher side.
    Had I loaded up at $13, I'd surely consider selling some at $26....but wait it was up to $28 briefly, hmmm that should be a sign to hold on for better things to come.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

What isn't over priced these days?

4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And eggs.

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You remembered...LOL , I think it was a real bargain at $ 875 unfortunately the
    kids have to eat so cant put all your marbles in one basket ...LOL, I think it will continue to rise, and I will be a buyer through the $ 1,300 threshold as there still
    signs of a gain, now the stock market thats another thing.

7. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

The good stuff is $5 for a half gallon.

8. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

9. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Oh yeah, I remembered! :D The first time I bought platinum was because of one of your threads, wish I would have bought more, much more. Good answer, I went to my LCS last week but he didn't have any in stock. That's the thing about platinum, there's not much of it around. :(

mpcusa likes this.
  10. mpcusa

Its hard to come by for sure, but you always have to look at where things are now
    and where they could be, Platinum in the $800 range is a must buy, just like silver
    at $13, there just isn't much room to drop anymore, Platinum just has to many
    uses to be down for long and now were seeing that trend move up, right now
    if you looking for something else, I feel most of the precious metals are near the
    top, bit coin is the new digital gold, ask Elon Musk..LOL , he just invested 1.5
    Billion in it, when in doubt, follow the money are the one that has a ton of it
    in this case :)

11. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Elon should have just sold his cars for bitcon.
    Very well could have profited on both ends.

12. mpcusa

I think he's using it as a strategy, I know he will be accepting bit coin for his
    space x program when that gets going :)

13. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

In my honest opinion Silver is the most undervalued asset in the world. Its roughly half the price of its high in 1980. With infinite quantitative easing coupled with a debt bubble of massive proportions it is a screaming buy.

14. mpcusa

The problem with that is the price was artificially inflated, so the days of $50 OZ
    Silver is way in the past, allot of Silver minds have closed because they just cant
    make any money, sad but true...

Eric the Red likes this.
  15. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. The Hunt brothers did run up the price, but $50 in 1980 was alot more than it is today. The value of the US dollar has declined 98% since 1971. Also I can't think of many things that haven't increased in cost since 1980.

16. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Telephone calls (long distance):Long distance calls were “distance sensitive” and we had differing day/night rates. A 10-minute long distance daytime call from NYC to LA in 1927 was $27.75. Even as late as 1996, that same 10-minute call cost $3.10. Skype brought the cost of calling almost anywhere to almost zero (about 2.3 cents/minute). Cellphone companies brought the cost to similarly low levels.

coinaline likes this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yep, just about everything involving electronic or digital technology has gotten much cheaper and/or vastly more capable. One exception: anything involving licensing. That's why cable TV keeps going up, even as delivering the content keeps getting cheaper and easier.

JPD3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted