is silver on it way up or is this just temporary?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Sep 1, 2009.

1. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

is silver on it way up or is this just temporary? or is there some recent in the past week news that I just haven't come across?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

If you are talking short term, nobody knows, but I'm sure you'll get opinions. In the long run [5 to 10 years], I think silver prices have to rise because if the increase in mining costs, new silver applications being discovered every year, normal global economic growth, and the world-wide depletion in silver inventories.

4. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

look like $20.00 is coming again.

5. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

Ive heard of September usually being a high month. Silver is a weird animal, swings are wild and crazy. I'd like to see $20 but Im not holding my breath. There seems to have been a consolidation period last week so perhaps we are moving higher than $16. $15-16 seems to be a resistance point and I think if it breaks $16s we are really off to the races as many people will be buying in a frenzy so they do not miss the boat.

One thing Ive learned with silver is to be patient and not have the mentality that you will miss the boat. Buy on decent dips and enjoy the ride but never drop all your FRNs at once because you never know when that really nice opportunity will come along.

if you play ratios then once it drops below 60 switch some silver for gold. My startegy is to do 1/4 of my stash when it drops below 60 and antoher 1/4 at 55, then another at 50.

Ratio goes up to 70 or above and take gold and buy silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted