Is silver a foolish buy right now?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jeepfreak81, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Gdub76

Gdub76 New Member

The big metal dealers are looking to capitalize on people's ignorance. Sellers ALWAYS ask for more than spot price and buyers ALWAYS offer less. Spot price, or 'melt value' if you like, is nothing more than a benchmark for the market. My humble opinion is that older gold and silver money (coinage) has more value than spot price and is more likely to hold it's value over time. Now that all Morgan Dollars are more than 100 yrs old, even allot of the worn coins sell for more than spot price.
    Storage is another consideration. $1800 of 24K gold takes up allot less space than $1800 of pure silver. Silver Eaqles and Canadian Maple Leaf's are guaranteed to be 100% pure, so they cost more. Secondary market coins and bars are buyer beware... Shop the online auctions to get a feel for prices and look for the occasional good deal. Don't forget to include the Buyer Premium in your costs.
    Make sure you do ALLOT of research before you invest your hard earned cash!
    Remember, bullion investing is always loooong term. Good luck!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Sellers market, I watch 1964 quarters average run of the mill quarters go for 6.00 a piece... that's crazy.......... spot at 23.75 ..............total silver value 4.30 be hard to make that up unless something unusual happens

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And that's why a big part of the marketing is convincing the marks that something unusual WILL happen, or is already happening.

5. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Turns out there’s always something unusual just over the horizon.
    If nothing happens, it’s like insurance that pays me to keep it
    My homeowners insurance doesn’t do that

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

All PM,S are moving higher, but not sure
    if Silver is going to hold at current levels
    so might just be a wait and hold.

7. slackaction1

Don't matter if Silver goes up two or down two the premiums are where it is at. You say all PM'S are going higher and silver not so much... is that what I am reading

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Silver is at high level but not sure if it
    can sustain it, it hasent been that long
    ago when it was at $15 an once but everything is riding even the price of
    dog food…LOL

longshot likes this.
  9. slackaction1

15.00 won't be no Silver to buy we saw that when it hit 10.00 or 12. back then too!

10. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Reading about WHY the premiums are so high on ASEs the last 3 years....they all talk about how the dealers who work with the U.S. Mint need to maintain a profit margin, which is fine with me.

But I still don't need see if there is all this new demand for ASEs....how come the silver price doesn't rise too.:wideyed:

Draft saved Draft deleted