Is It Time To GIVE UP On Silver???

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Sep 19, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

He was right that is happening some places for the in store buys

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The supply of goods is always changing for retail stores. Much of this is caused by the shortage of raw goods, workers and trucks to move the product. As the price goes up the shortage goes away. Believe it or not, the prices of some products are coming back down a bit.

4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

the shelves are always bare on all the prepper posts

Marsden and Kentucky like this.
  5. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen anything on the news like in March/April 2020. Just saying.....:D

6. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

you all can give up on silver but I'll just keep buying and selling silver as i have done since 2003, i have seen lows and highs in silver but that is common with metals anything can upset the metal market

so one must expect the unexpected to happen and adjust

GoldFinger1969 and Jeffjay like this.
  7. GoldFinger1969

Just did on CNN....:D

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

everything is on the short these days

9. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for it to drop to $4-$5 bucks. We bought quite a bit back then and wish I’d bought more.

Years ago at the office there was a bank bag sitting on the floor in the conference room. My buddy says Hey pick that up! I replied why, what’s in it? Just pick it up he says…So I did. Noticed instantly that whatever was in it was very heavy…then suddenly and without warning the contents broke through the bottom of the bag and landed on my foot…Ahhh, you bast …friend….He burst out laughing while I’m hopping around in pain.
    It was a silver brick 1000oz. I got the rest of the day off plus slipper privileges for 2 weeks.

10. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Not if they’re going to build as many electric cars and solar panels as they say they are.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  11. GoldFinger1969

You'll be waiting a LONG LONG time....:D

12. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'm guessing he's A) being facetious, B) in a position he doesn't need to stack any more (like me), or C) like you said, planning to wait a LONG LONG time.

I'm also waiting for $15 or so per oz. AND premiums no more than $1.49-$1.79. Will I be waiting a LONG LONG time also? Possibly. Like I said though, I don't need to stack one single oz more than I already have.

I'd be willing to bet there are countless older, long time stackers in my position than most here care to recognize. If prices and premiums never come down to our 'strike' price again, we're all fine and dandy with that too. ;)

13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

I get what your saying Mr. Swimmer, but my position would be just the opposite, I want Silver and Gold to sky rocket Tired of that 14, 15 dollars an ounce we had a years of that or around that price.

14. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I'm delivering several dollar rolls tomorrow which the return buyer will love. Still looking for better dates undergraded classic U.S. Gold which is getting scarce in offerings.

Maybe Bidens ~20:1 government new/current IRS hiring/employment/tax/asset-confiscation change to the 1986 "Money Laundering" legislation is having an affect.

I suggest not to purchase/sell anything above $600, as the IRS can really be a bother if you haven't good records, believe me!.

What are your thoughts? Should you buy/sell coins from the major auction or BM sites?

JMHO

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I would think it’s not a problem as long as you have a dated receipt.

16. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Ahhhh, you added a different dynamic to the equation. So far the conversation has revolved around buying Ag. You know my position on that. Prices need to drop. HOWEVER, if prices rise, like I'd like them to do, I'll be a seller.

So basically we're in the same camp. We both want prices to skyrocket. Then we can finally make some chaching on the Ag we've been stacking for decades.

slackaction1 likes this.
  17. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Were you in a coma for all of 2011?

;)

fretboard likes this.
  18. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

This fretful nickel-and-dime speculator thread makes me glad I'm a simple coin collector. Silver and gold go up and down but who cares? Security? I bought DC suburban real estate in the 1980's for a song and now sleep like a baby. Thank you Jeff Bezos et al.

Mr. Flute likes this.
  19. imrich

What is your buy/sell price levels, and what you would sell? Unless one has that established in advance, generally, the average accumulator will do neither.

The average individual, unless they establish a realistic "dealing" pattern, will rely on others to do that for them, complaining often that their expectations haven't been met.

I've practiced a pragmatic approach to my life, not depending on "experts", other than to bet with them that when given a specific reasonable amount. I will win.

I have virtually never failed to win on the average, but there's a secret that most will not apply.

Our markets have constantly varied, and some that are envied for their success, realize criticism for their wealth accumulation.

I believe that on your own, the average individual could be a relative winner also without illegal efforts. Keeping your gains will be a greater challenge.

JMHO

20. Captain Sully

Captain Sully Active Member

"DITTO"

21. imrich

I suggest you research the IRS investigative Gestapo-like tactics, after an initial mandated office meeting with your complete records.

Remember, the minimum limit for investigation has been dropped from $10,000 to $600, with a mandated banking filing requirement., intended to locate individuals removing/depositing cash. My experience is they want to locate anyone exchanging cash for purchases/sales, as in acquiring precious commodities. I purchase most of my commodities with a certified mail personal check, virtually never receiving a receipt from an unveted seller.

JMHO

Draft saved Draft deleted