Is It Time For Silver?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Maybe not but it's fun to discuss and share our ideas and thoughts, even when we disagree. Can you agree to that?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I can commiserate. I once bought $100 face value mercury dimes for $2 per coin, and the pile had already been cherrypicked. Those will sit in my silver stash until some crazy silver jump, some crazy family emergency, or until they get passed onto the kids/grandkids, preferably the last option.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

There just talking PRIVY..... bout the rise...

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Is your cost basis average per ounce low? I wasn't buying back in 2011 but I have been since 2016.

6. Collecting Nut

I could sell about 90% of my silver for a small profit at the moment but I have no plans to sell. When silver drops below my average price I just buy more and that lowers my cost per ounce. If silver shoots way up then I'll sell and wait a good number of years and buy it all back on the cheap. Kind of like wash, rinse and then repeat. :)

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The only thing that has stung me since 2016 is the premiums on 90%. They have gone down a lot. I tried to sell quarters and dimes at a show for $.50 over melt and no one was biting. I had a clown try to talk me into selling to him under melt and I politely told him to pound sand.

Collecting Nut and slackaction1 like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Unfortunately I believe we are stuck in a period where most people want to sell. I'm not sure why but we do have these types of cycles.

9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

What a wonky day for silver. Looked like it would shoot the moon again at over 1% gains and then it took a nose dive. Could be some pump and dump. Still had a good week overall.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

On the gold side, it appears the shiny stuff has enjoyed a ride up on some hedging by Wall Street investors. But what do I know?

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Gold dipped a little today too but overall it's been doing great the last two months. I would like to see over $1,400 stick for awhile.

12. Collecting Nut

I've been busy all day but it sounds like profit-taking took place this afternoon. Time will tell.

Heavymetal likes this.
  13. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Computer driven selling due to the spike

Collecting Nut likes this.
  14. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The time for silver is when it,s low, like a month or two ago
    Buy low sell High !!

15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Agreed. The sad part is, today's prices are considered high for recent years. :(

16. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

When you think about Silver, your thinking cents, when your thinking
    Gold or Palladium or even Platinum its about dollars, so in essence
    If the price moves up 15 - 20 percent on Silver you will have
    To dump several hundred once,s just make it somewhat worth you
    While.

17. Collecting Nut

But the percentage is much better in silver.

18. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Dang I was still thinking Silver is still low... but like the BMAN said it was a decent week for the HIGH HO SILVER..

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Different people's "whiles" are worth different amounts.

Some people are happy to pocket a $100 profit, and some people can't be bothered for anything less than $10K. Or, to look at it another way, some people are happy to carry their metal in a backpack, while others want to carry it in their pocket.

20. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

GSR abbreviation galvanic skin response.
    GSR Gold-Silver Ratio

21. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

What rate were you Senior Chief?

Draft saved Draft deleted