Is It Time For Silver?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Jun 21, 2019.

1. ripple

ripple Active Member

It got well into the 30s and above 40 for a while in the early part of this (soon to be gone) decade so although it’s not likely, it’s not impossible? It’s all a gamble but just about any investment is.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Well...no good prediction goes unpunished. I expected the trade deals to be finalized sooner.

The GSR should take another step down in the coming months. An improving economy should keep gold in check, while increased industrial demand should put upward pressure on silver. Any specific price/date is just a guess...but I think the odds are good for a continued downward trend in the GSR.

4. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

"continued" downward trend ??????

The GSR was in the 30s in 2013
    It was in the 40s in 2014
    It was in the 50s in 2015-2016
    It was in the 60s in 2017
    It was in the 70s in 2018
    It was in the 80s in 2019

Downward Trend ?

You also thought it was gonna gain 50% by Christmas and it actually dropped. I'm sure you will always think silver is about to make a big move.

5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

6. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

The economy has been improving for years during which time Gold has exploded relative to silver.

The economy can not improve much more, unemployment is already at record lows. Economic slowdown is certain.

I don't know where you guys come up with your points.

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Watch and learn...

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Here's another periodic reminder that goldcollector lies:

upload_2019-12-31_10-8-48.png

The GSR was in the 50s and 60s in 2013.
    It was in the 60s in 2014.
    It was mostly in the 70s in 2015-2016, peaking above 80 in early 2016 and then falling back into the 60s.
    It rose back into the 70s and then 80s in 2018.
    It started 2019 in the mid-80s, peaked above 90, and is now just about back where it started the year.

What's it going to do over the longer term? If you like to make predictions from charts, have at it:

upload_2019-12-31_10-14-45.png

Stevearino, ripple and yakpoo like this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I predict that the price of gold and silver will be different at the end of 2020 then it will be at the beginning of 2020.

Troodon likes this.
  10. ripple

ripple Active Member

It just seems that with stocks so high and the economy so good, silver should be at rock bottom prices.

11. HaleiwaHI

HaleiwaHI Active Member

Silver & gold have always been a back up place to shore up a persons portfolio. But it’s stability keeps fast money or big money investors at bay. There’s just not enough movement in it.

ripple likes this.
  12. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

So you see that as a downward trend ?

13. HaleiwaHI

HaleiwaHI Active Member

GSR is definately in a downward trend and has been headed in that direction for many years now, And although my hopes would be just the opposite, hopes never outweigh reality.

ripple likes this.
  14. -jeffB

No, I see it as medium-term fluctuations, but it illustrates that you just made up the numbers in your post. Sort of the same way you make up the story that I'm a silver fanatic, or that you would send silver coins after @Garlicus paid you for them.

What I see in the long-term graph is a random walk, currently near its high, the same way it was in 1981-2, 1986, 1990, 2003, and late 2008. Over the next five or ten years, it could go up to 200, or down to 20, but it probably won't.

Stevearino likes this.
  15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Screenshot_20191231-171428.png

Sorry Jeff but it's hard to take anyone who thinks this is a downward trend seriously. Of course this is the silver crowd so taking you seriously was out the window long ago. Hey Jeff did you see palladium went up $60 today and Platinum up $12 and Gold up $11 and silver DOWN of course. Hmm who would have ever expected silver would be the only PM to drop even on the day it becomes extinct. Well, Me. Lol

16. -jeffB

Congrats on figuring out how to zoom in on an image. That makes it easy to crop out the parts that don't support your premise.

17. ripple

ripple Active Member

“Hope never outweighs reality”

Well made point @HaleiwaHI

HaleiwaHI likes this.
  18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Not all economists see this , even the opposite. If one wants to wager on precious metal, you can not do it with physical, you will have to open an option account with a good internet web interface to Buy,Sell, or Flip in a couple of minutes or you could be badly sunk. If you say that paper money is not for you, then you are the customer that the bullion houses pray for.

Remember the Fix value is determined by JPM and other major chair holders of the London market. They set the value the general customer buys and sells at. They of course do not go by this, they have their own private levels to buy and sell.

Do not fall for the scare tactics of Bullion companies ~ Know your game or just watch on TV. IMO, Jim

ripple likes this.
  19. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Jeff I zoomed from 2013 to today. Actually a little before 2013 so pretty much the last 7 or 8 years. Ur chart went back into the 1970s even before I was born. Are we really considering GSR movements in the 1970s dude that's now 6 decades ago.

And I showed the 20 year average which was 65 we are very well above the 20 year average.

20. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Pay garlicus the money you owe or deliver the silver he purchased.

21. -jeffB

Wow, you really are just that bad at math, aren't you?

Or are you secretly a time traveler, posting from the 2030s? Can you tell us whether @Garlicus ever got the silver you owe him in the intervening years?

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted