is it still a good time to buy ASE's or will they drop soon to buy more?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

[/QUOTE]

I already know what it is really about, thank you. I also know which parts are hobby and which parts are business; and which part to participate in and which parts to bypass.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

That said you forgot the most obvious one. Cash for gold. ( Just put your used gold or broken gold jewelry in this bag and send it to me) I willl send you a check.

4. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

I already know what it is really about, thank you. I also know which parts are hobby and which parts are business; and which part to participate in and which parts to bypass.[/QUOTE]

That would be great if we were the borg collective.Then we would know what you know. Then there would be no need to have a forum, our network would access that data.

Hard to believe but it is not all about you. jmo

5. silvermonger

silvermonger Member

I already know what it is really about, thank you. I also know which parts are hobby and which parts are business; and which part to participate in and which parts to bypass.[/QUOTE]

Then why bother to ask such a question?
    Actually if you at historic tracking charts for this month and the cultural and industrial buying habits of the two biggest gold and silver markets (India and China) you'll see huge demand and as a result overall higher prices.
    Most of the silver in the ground has been mined and industrial demand will sent it sky high in the coming years. Silver mining seems to be incidental to mining other ores and that percentage has been rapidly shrinking. Gold not so much, still a bit in the ground. Chinese government is now trying to dump Dollars for gold as fast as they can. They will soon hold more physical gold than any other entity. $1000 gold will not be noticed as it gets blown by.
    See how easy it is to to be a wise pundit and predict the future?
    (Anyone who gambles their money on my advice is a fool.)

And I can throw darts at a board and be as lucky.

6. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

Here is what I would do. Figure out how much you want to spend in a year. Let's say $1200.

At the end of each month just buy how ever many you can get for $100. If the price continues up then your early purchases will be worth more, if the price goes down then your later purchases will be worth more. Two years from now, in theory you should at least be even but most likely ahead.

7. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

Then why bother to ask such a question?
    Actually if you at historic tracking charts for this month and the cultural and industrial buying habits of the two biggest gold and silver markets (India and China) you'll see huge demand and as a result overall higher prices.
    Most of the silver in the ground has been mined and industrial demand will sent it sky high in the coming years. Silver mining seems to be incidental to mining other ores and that percentage has been rapidly shrinking. Gold not so much, still a bit in the ground. Chinese government is now trying to dump Dollars for gold as fast as they can. They will soon hold more physical gold than any other entity. $1000 gold will not be noticed as it gets blown by.
    See how easy it is to to be a wise pundit and predict the future?
    (Anyone who gambles their money on my advice is a fool.)

And I can throw darts at a board and be as lucky.[/QUOTE]

Silvermonger JIC it was Alexn2coins that started this thread.

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I freely share the best information I have, and try to correct the obvious errors that are posted in the forum. Since that seems to be offensive to people, I promise not to do it anymore. I'm not about to try to feed the dog that bites the hand that trys to feed it a treat. Good luck.

9. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

I freely share the best information I have, and try to correct the obvious errors that are posted in the forum. Since that seems to be offensive to people, I promise not to do it anymore. I'm not about to try to feed the dog that bites the hand that trys to feed it a treat. Good luck.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I just failed to see the first comment as a treat. BTW thanks for feeding us canines. If not for good masters like you we might all end up in the pound :hug:

10. sky

sky Member

just my two cents, but i do not understand the tone being taken towards Cloudsweeper99. he was clearly kidding with his comment that was taken as an attack. the personal attack did not come from him...

while i do not post often, i have been here for some time (longer than my join date) and truly value Cloudsweeper99's input. it would seem that anyone who spends any time here would do the same, even if one does not agree with all his thoughts.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well said Sky. I like what "Cloud' says too.....

12. krispy

krispy krispy

There's really no point participating in this or any forum on most any subject since all the information and viewpoints being discussed already exists out there, at your disposal or given a little effort can be obtained from experience to understand these issues. I don't think the quips have read many of cloudsweeper's posts to know that this member has a solid reputation amongst this forum, an objective style of debate, and has expressed an understanding of the fundamentals of numismatics and bullion analysis. If you come here for your information on these matters without doing your homework first you stand to waste time that might be better spent reading accurate information from cited and known published sources elsewhere as well as risk having your own path being skewed from following subjective perspectives and anonymous opinions posted in the forums. Most fail to read entire threads or get to know their forum colleagues before deciding to spar over blunt, misplaced, off the cuff comments. There's a lot of valuable information to be had in these forums from some very informed, experienced and objective forum members, but unless you do some work to understand the issues being discussed in the forums you are not going to know which information being presented and comments being posted to trust or distrust, let alone know who on these forums you ought to decided to believe or disbelieve. I suggest those of you currently hating on cloudsweeper reevaluate the thread and spend more time assessing this members input across the bullion and coin discussion threads before rearing such ugly condescending comments back. Good luck.

...and let the Jolly Roger fly!!!

13. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

I'm not exactly trying to become bill gates neighbor and I do actually collect for fun but also I see a chance to make money I've never lost money in coins/rolls I just haven't been able to buy nearly as much as others have and I simply have no clue as to where silver/gold news is posted everyday. I get told to go to kitco.com but I just get lost seeing only gold stories...grr...

their is a pattern to silver going up the past few days and that being china buying it up but I didn't find that out til it was already at $16.125/oz...:(
    if I knew this was actually happening I could have just ordered right away on tuesday morning bought at apmex.com for less then 15.50/ASE and mailed a check to them that would have been covered come friday when I got paid. but right now it's sitting at $18.16/ASE which is a fairly big jump.

KEEP IN MIND THOUGH
    I DO COLLECT COINS AND I WANT TO MAKE A COMPLETE ASE SET with the final product eventually being a MS70's set and a complete ungraded set and lots or raw extras for bullion I'm not greedy but I know you can make money in anything if you put your mind to it

so I ask teach me to be able to find up to date information on a daily or even hourly basis since I know that can be the equalizer in my lack of cash dilema. or (and this might be a better option for those others such as me to learn as well) have a live news posting spot on cointalk that up to date information and stories are posted as they come out like on any news website such as abc.com or nbc.com or foxnews.com.

14. AlexN2coins2004

this kind of information is very useful if true which I seem to trust the source :D and is the type of info that NEEDS a news tab on cointalk

15. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

That was extremely rude.

16. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

Wow sorry you took it out of context I was trying to encourage this individual to stick around. By it self you might be able to translate it like that but if you follow the spirit of the original advice . I do believe it would be a stretch to believe there was any malice intended.

17. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Driver on the bus says "Move on back, move on back."
    Myself, I would move on back [away] from the $18 buying and take a seat.
    I sold a Joe Camel round for $19 today at a yard sale. But he bought it for the supposedly low mintage. Kind of a flaky dude. The guy tells me to "Unload my silver and Gold cause it's gonna tank". But nobody bought my ASE for $18 and that's with a free airtite.
    I ain't buying till I can get an ASE for $16 again...OK, maybe $17.
    $18 should be my selling price not buying price.

18. AlexN2coins2004

I saw alittle malice or stuffyness in it but I chose to not think about it since I hate collector's universe. As well as hope to God that this site will never turn into such a trash talking, hateful, and spiteful place.

I think most people that are newbies to bullion investing such as myself already know we don't know much and don't really need to be told such

BTW if I didn't know what this "hobby" was about why would I bother with any other kind of coin collecting other then the ones I sell on e-bay and the 1 ASE I got for actual bullion not part of my collection...

19. AlexN2coins2004

yea I like cloudsweeper he seems to me to be an intelligent gent. Just he can be alittle gruff which I don't mind...no one is perfect. :D
    But seriously I wish I was just half as informed as he seems to be :D

20. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

here is the link http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125107636394652753.html
    nothing specific on silver/gold, but a little open minded thinking should fill in the gaps.

21. WLhalves

WLhalves Member

AlexN2coins2004,

I do apologize if the spirit of my advice seemed tainted with malice, like I said in the PM,in the future I will finesse my words more efficiently, read my post prior to submitting it, to assure that the spirit of the words match the intent.

I wish is the same for all new numismatists.

That even though the may be discouraged or overwhelmed, that they stick with it. Ask questions, but most importantly have fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted