Investorcrate

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Apr 15, 2019.

1. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Has anyone used this service?

https://investorcrate.com

It's a mystery box subscription service for bullion. You select your price amount and your metal. You receive a box each month matching your preferences.

The items you receive seem to be very close to what one would expect to pay, except that you also pay shipping. So, you end up paying more than if you hand selected your own bullion from your regular online or local dealer. However, you pay for the convenience and the mystery and excitement.

Has anyone tried it?

masterswimmer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Their "one time purchase" option for $100 sounds interesting.

masterswimmer likes this.
  4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

You'd think the first box in a subscription, or trial would be the hook. Might be interesting to see someone else give it a shot. ;)

5. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

It's not for me, because as a coin collector and bullion buyer I literally count every penny. So, I would not subject myself to a random shipment, when I know that I could find bullion cheaper someplace else or force myself for spot to drop before buying.

However, I also realize there are a lot retired folks with extra money or working age people with lots of disposable income, and this might be a fun package to look forward to each month if you don't mind essentially overpaying by a few dollars to get a nice surprise.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  6. FooFighter

FooFighter Just a Knucklehead Coin Hunter

Yea, that's a tough one. i guess if you weren't losing money on the deal, and you were left with something of value, you'd have to try it at least once to get it out of your system. You just really have to watch everything, and everyone out there that unscrupulously wants to make their pocket bigger, even if it means making yours empty.

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

+1 I prefer to buy coins over bullion anyway.

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I do a similar sort of deal for fishing lures. And yes it is fun not knowing what interesting doo-dad they may send me each month to tempt the fish with..... But with my coins and bullion I am more of a "drive it before I buy it" kind of guy.

Stevearino and FooFighter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted