Insuring your stack?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Jun 9, 2017.

1. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Do you insure your precious metals investment?

*Home owner's policy?

*Through an offsite holding of your assets?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I would put it in a safety deposit box.
    You can probably add it to your home owners insurance but that's really expensive.
    Hughwood.com is a good choice if you are a member of ANA. They cover bullion up to a point. I carry insurance on most anything of much value.

4. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Standard home owner's policies will typically cap the covered amount for coins, silverware, jewlery, etc. It's usually relatively low and can cost a lot. 3rd party insurers will cover a lot more for a lower rate, but will usually require that you have a TL rated safe and monitored security or have it stored in some approved offsite vault facility.

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Completely defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. Paying a fee on it every year just means that the price has to go even further up in order to just break even for having it. It's one thing to have a one time safe fee, but yearly costs on it just mean you're losing money for the next 15-20 years or so when the next big spike is. Get a safe, bury it in the backyard ect

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Iam insured with and through my GLOCK AUTOMATIC !!

7. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

After pricing home insurance for my collection, I quickly found that a SDB was the better way to go. Definitely a hassle to view them though. I guess it depends on the value of your collection, and your home security.

8. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

A SDB is good for the stuff you don't care to see very often, plain Jane bullion and what not. Some people might want to keep their more special stuff near by so they can enjoy them. It doesn't hurt to have both a SDB and a good home safe.

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

For all you shooters and coin collectors out there never store guns and coins together, its never a good idea both require different envirements.

10. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

I keep most of mine in a safe deposit box (the bullion). I keep around 10% of my stack at home (the circulating coins).

Draft saved Draft deleted