If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. SteveCaruso

SteveCaruso Counterfeit Collector

You obliquely "wonder" aloud if I work for the Federal Reserve or bunch of other potential labels and you have a thing against labeling people? :)

As someone who spends an awful lot of time in cemeteries doing genealogical work, I can safely assert that you can't toss out childhood and juvenile deaths as they were so very many, most of which are completely preventable today. Families with 12 kids in some areas would be lucky if 3 or 4 survived to be older than 18. That drives average life expectancy down significantly. And that "surprising number of octogenarians" is a pittance compared to where we are today, especially with the number of centenarians per capita rapidly on the rise.

It's a relief that you won't be buying any coins from me, as I don't sell them. "Steve Caruso coins" wasn't a business name, it was a search query. "Coins" was in there to filter out all the other Steve Carusos out there. As an avid collector, I'd be a very poor coin salesman -- most folks wouldn't want the kind of coins I predominantly collect. :)

2008 was when things went to pot. 2009 is when the buying madness began, and anyone who bought most of their silver or gold between 2010 and last year are really hurting now. Taking inflation into account, the last time gold was actually *really* high was back in the 1980 Silver Thursday boom at $675/ozt (=~$2,000/ozt today -- it peaked for a few hours at nearly $850/ozt =~$2,500/ozt today) and it fell all the way back down to under $400/ozt in 2001 (=~$525/ozt today). The latest boom didn't make it back up there and gold and silver are now correcting, hard.

Unless there's another huge panic, we're probably going to see it all the way back down where it was before, if not lower for a long spell. It's not Wall Street you need to worry about with silver and gold, it's the march of time, as until it's fully corrected, it's going to be two steps down for every one step up. (Although, the Silver Thursday boom and bust *was* caused by Wall Street guys hoarding silver...)

In truth, Real estate -- provided it's the kind of land you can make a steady income from whether from renting or working it -- is the better investment by far nowadays.

But if I've misunderstood you and your thing is truly silver or gold as a diversifying hedge? Then we're on the same page. I can whole-heartedly respect that.

Just so long as it's not the only topping on the pizza. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

So wow,I made time to read the lines and lines of comments left on page 5 and now page 6.

Talk about grammar issues and mis-info along with if's all over the place. Please guys do you homework and learn how to research info before all the rambling.

-------------------------------

"Most of you all are not understanding its not what you think or what I think or what you want or what I want. "

-Please Take Note-

*Trading boils down to Reports and Meetings if you are not informed then you know nothing.
    *If you have no past experience with the cycle of Reports and Meetings thur the year you know nothing.

What I read here on what most of you understand really only leaves you in a place to just,buy and hold Silver,hold for the big price hike anyone can see and track which is fine but please try to re-frame from:ifs and maybes it will get you no where understanding or calling the week trade price action.

What is wrote on both those pages 5-6 is just babbling talk.

Let me get to things on Sunday and if I am so kind to all I will post the lead price action that will take place for this coming week for Silver.

Remember I am here to help the ones that want a better understanding what the price action will be for the week with silver.

No I am not going to explain it all out for you. I give the price action over all for the week. Based on Reports and Meetings. You must do your research to learn not me for you.

4. SteveCaruso

SteveCaruso Counterfeit Collector

Every time you post, I honestly cannot tell if you're taking yourself that seriously. :)

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

And you have not quoted one pm based one. A Roman denari was worth more than its silver value, and when the Romans fell so did their coinage system. I named the longest lasting coinage system in human history, and it is copper exclusively. How does that affect your "theory"?

6. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

@SC,yes. Yes I think I am very helpful when it comes to calling the week Silver trading price action. Sure do. Someone just said here in this Thread trading Price Action has been Sideways for 90 days,No,wrong not the case.

Someone asked me why don't I Trade Paper Silver o'really no sorry its the wrong thing to do on many levels.

@medoraman who cares,the Romans were awful. Name me both of you one Empire that was good true and true. You will not be able to,why Humans are greedy/mean little things so till this changes all Empires will fall,ok now we got that out the way. Back to what matters Silver.

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Why would he want to reference a PM based currency when PM's are currency?

Tinpot likes this.
  8. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Thank you @PeacePeople for clarifying what should have been obvious. @medoraman, please read my post again. I wrote that gold and silver have been used as currency for thousands of years. Governments have always pushed spending limits by reducing the real value of currency via the reduction of the silver (or gold) content, as the Romans did when their empire was declining. A PM based currency limits spending, plain and simple.

green18 likes this.
  9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

The Scots? :)

10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Aye laddie, if it' nae Scot, it's crrrrrap. Here is THE answer in my lifetime, of the original thread title: "male bovine feces". Silver stacking is a mental disease, as is reading anything from Von Mises or Hayek without losing your breath from laughing hysterically.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  11. Gilbert

LOL. If your male bovine comment is in reference to my avatar, he is really a she. They do have horns, don't ya know?

12. medoraman

Used as a currency for thousands of years? No, that is not true. It's been used as a basis for barter, but currency has to have stated value, impossible to do with various purities. When you have to test purity and negotiate equivalent value with every transaction, that is barter, not a currency system. The moment they made electrum currency, they set it's trade value above the metal value, and have ever since. Effectively every single pm based coinage system had a fiat component, so there never HAS been a pm currency system, and never will be.

Mikey Zee likes this.
  13. Gilbert

Janet? Is that you?

Tinpot and V. Kurt Bellman like this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Better not be her. She's MY woman!

Gilbert and Tinpot like this.
  15. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

I would take that HE SHE COWETTE WITH THE HORNS over two rolls of ASE. You know how much a cow brings at the sale barn right now... a new born calf hits the ground is a 5 to 6 hundred dollar bill...

Gilbert likes this.
  16. medoraman

So your answer, as a newbie here, is to insult my historically accurate post and me personally? What are you nine? Your immediate response to a post challenging your precious world view is to hurl insults?

17. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

An insult? I thought it was a compliment, Janet is the most powerful puppet on the planet.

Gilbert likes this.
  18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Play nice or you may not play at all. Use this :D as as a sarcasm emoticon. It won't save you if your post goes too far, but may prevent blowups. Thanks

19. PeacePeople

Ummm...so you couldn't use the weight as a basis for your transaction? To say it's used only as barter is weak too. Whey you go "buy" something with your dollars, you're really just bartering your dollars for good and services.

btw..If it was me, I totally would've insulted you and mentioned that your history is written so you believe lots of lies.

Gilbert and Tinpot like this.
  20. medoraman

Tell you what Peace. If you had something worth $500 for sale and someone offered you a troy ounce of metal that contained gold would you accept? Don't you need to kind of have an idea of purity as well as weight?

21. PeacePeople

Obviously I'd want it hallmarked with weight and purity or no deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted