If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Back in the 14 Dollar range again with Silver again down 29 Cents. Along with Platinum falling over $16.00.

Tell you what the rest of the world disagrees with New York over and over and over. Very fishy New York/Wall Street very fishy indeed all the pull ups on Wall Street.

Do not sell your Physical Silver, strong hands. Silvertowne Bullion 10oz Bars at this point are a good idea to buy. I will buy one or two this coming month of Oct.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

Allow me to disagree with buying silver, gold or platinum in the form of bullion. If you are going to buy numismatic coins, that's fine. I've been selling my coin collection for about two years and find it very difficult to get a buyer who is willing to pay fair market value for my coins. I can imagine what it would be like to try and sell bullion bars. Get as much of the almighty American dollar as you can. If you want to make a really good investment, stock up on ammunition Edit-Political.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  4. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Fair market value? List your coins on eBay or HA and find out.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  5. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Ebay is the pits as far as FMV. Everybody wants something for nothing.

6. mercedes86david

mercedes86david New Member

i don't know about that, i see people paying pretty crazy prices for common coins on ebay, my local shop sells regular junk 90% for 14x on the dollar and PAYS 13x on the dollar and i am hard pressed to find it for less than 16x on the dollar on ebay

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, yeah -- both the buyers and the sellers. Sorting that all out in open bidding is what establishes values.

8. Onofrio Bacigalupo

If you're desperate because you really need the money, well just as sharks smell blood in the water, people can sense a distress sale be it with coins, homes, etc. I want to repeat that ammunition prices haven't gone down since 2008.
    And remember that down rimes with clown. Depending on what happens in 2016, ammunition prices will definitely spike again if the shrew with the shrill wins. You all should take a look at Auction Arms. The prices for a .22 caliber box of ammo are insanely high. You would think that they were made of gold or silver.

9. Onofrio Bacigalupo

As for me, I'll keep selling on Amazon. You get a slightly better class of buyers there. The buyers on Ebay tend to be louts or rubes. Numismatic News charges way too much money.

mercedes86david likes this.
  10. mercedes86david

mercedes86david New Member

in my area every store stays sold out of .22 because people go in there as soon as it comes in and they buy ALL of it off the shelves and then they either put it on craigslist or sell at the fleamarket and they put 75.00 on a box they paid 35.00 for! and i flat out REFUSE to buy off them! i switched to 5.56 nato and i haven't shot a .22 in several years because i can't find ammo.

11. SunriseCoins

Hey, hey, hey now. This is not about bullets. Lets back off the sales of bullets please and get back to what counts fishing out the lies and falsehoods by Online PM Dealers.

Silvertowne now after 3 years within the downtrend in Metals is now 99 Dollars spent order ships Free Standard Mail. Ok right there no shortage in Silver. Granted they may lie and dealers falsehoods on the phone about its not in stock. They got it trust me they got it.

Silvertowne like JM Bullion will pull items out/off some days of the week. JM Bullion more then Silvertowne does this. Apmex is the worst with taking items off the Site or Out of Stock message. They all have it.

They/Dealers are all desperate to sell PM's being they will ship free most now all of them at or right under 100 dollars.

Beware--

PM's are now in a full on downtrend that will not stop till we hit 2001 Trade levels. I base this on the level Platinum is falling and has fell. Its getting very close to 2001 Trade Levels each year and Gold/Silver are both following just look at some trade charts you will see the numbers.

I think its crystal clear PM's are going to 2001 Trade Levels and dealers are desperate to sell till we get to 2001 Trade Levels. They are not going to be to well off when the Market is at 2001 Trade Levels as most people do not buy PM's in bulk even when the Metal Market Flat Lines at 2001 Trade Levels I will, some of you will and this I thank you all for and myself.

Please beware the Dealers are not your friend and will make falsehoods to sell PM's.
    Its your money if you choose to buy in bulk now ok but do it knowing you will have as much as 40% of your buying power gone when PM's go to 2001 Trade Levels in the next 2 years or less to buy PM's.

A pound or 2 of Silver is a good idea a month-- 24 oz's or so ok this is a average easily kept in control as the PM Market tanks to 2001 Trade Levels.

Watch Platinum Trading Pricing is the leader in the lows and market highs. Platinum trading trends is the dictator for all PM's.

Have strong hands and wait for the finish line to have the most you can get with in reason. Never be without Silver in Hand.

billy b, Mikey Zee and green18 like this.
  12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Finally, something I like and agree with........

13. Onofrio Bacigalupo

14. DieHard11

DieHard11 Member

The value of silver is cushioned by its' widespread industrial use. It shouldn't be looked at as just a commodity.

15. SunriseCoins

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I disagree to the extent that although it may be 'widespread', its amount of use in industry has continued to plunge as much as the price. 10 years ago, solar panels used more than an ounce of silver each, when it reached over $20 from about $7, they looked for solutions and they found them. Some panels do not contain silver at all, although if it gets to $5 an ounce, they will probably return. Radiology was one of the few photographic uses of silver, but if you have gone to a relatively modern physician, medical lab, hospital or even now dentists, they have gone digital, no silver used at all. If you know of a field/industry using more silver now than a decade ago, I would like the reference. The idea it is still so, is a constant blurb for those trying to get people to buy from them for the long future. If you can buy and sell it as a commodity,and it is listed as a commodity, it is a commodity. What else would someone look at it as?

green18 likes this.
  17. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Actually I just got a few credit cards replaced. All new encryption chip cards - 2 with silver contacts, one with gold.

Mind you, there's probably less silver in these as the latest late night commemorative coins on the infomercials - but considering the quantity - it's a new use / need for the metals and it will be ongoing for the next several years.

18. SunriseCoins

Wow, New York. Silver goes flat after New York gets its paws involved in trading today. With all the ups today and silver goes flat.

Ok folks please in line nothing to see here, please have a day. Can someone say fishy New York.

This is what I am saying New York is to beware of in this downtrend. They just keep prolonging the downtrend. This is now the longest it has taken silver to get back in track where it was before the big burst by 2011.

19. DieHard11

DieHard11 Member

I would look at silver as a hybrid, part commodity and part industrial metal. Most silver continues to be used for industrial applications, including the automotive industry (36 million ozs per year and rising), the solar industry, and producers of ethylene oxide, which is critical in the production of many plastics, solvents, and detergents. The industrial demand for silver, while waning in a few areas, is increasing overall. As a commodity, its' value has correlated rather closely with the price of gold, but that correlation is weakening.

20. SunriseCoins

Again with New York kicking Silver up out of nowhere. New York trade action is a falsehood.

21. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Numismatic values for coins I have on Amazon
    Edited ~You can not advertise your own coins except in the B/S/T forum

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted