If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oh, I've made that already. Yep, I picked the silver. Unfortunately, it was in 2011. Now, that thousand dollars worth of silver is worth about $400.

Fortunately, I was also dumping money into a (fairly conservative) mutual fund for my 401(k). Each thousand of that is now worth about $1560.

So, why am I still here? Well, I am still buying silver. I'm just being a bit more circumspect about it, because I'm acutely aware that it can go down, and it can stay down for a long time.

serafino likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, many of that stackers (not all) are actually hoping for a true melt down as they feel those that were smart enough to stack silver will now become kings of the apocalypse.
    Of course there are more holes in that line of thinking than a sieve .

4. Larry G

Larry G Member

Many people did pick silver and gold. Not to worry......there is a bottom. Not sure where it is but we must be getting close. Must admit 99% of my investments are in the market certainly not in coins (lol) But I do like to speculate !!!

5. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

I like the Fact Silver is Sub $15 not by much but I do like picking up Silver at this low price. How much not to much a Pound or so. I see the lines fill up at McD's and other wasteful items to be had each and everyday and I thank myself for buying my Physical Silver. I count it, flip, hold it, and most of all Save it with strong hands.

@milkem2000, no your wrong not most if any want to be Gods of the Apocalypse my word that is yet another out of control and out of proof statement. Silver has made all moves up with no Apocalypse some would argue we are in a Apocalypse now.

I am saying this. Take word my Friend.

Buying Silver is not a bad idea at all. Be honest with what extra cash you have and back the Silver with Fiat on the side to help have strong hands now, as cash is used to buy items and pay bills now its a must.

I encourage having 2 savings one that matches price paid on Silver never spend it till Fiat its about to the point to start becoming worthless Fiat. I would not keep Fiat in the banks myself, that's up to you.

Never spend your Star Notes or any Note with a Fancy Serial Number as in 78888888 and so on. As well learn and understand how to find Doubled Die Cents ect and Error coins from your pocket change and heck in your spare time at times searching Coinage, its pretty safe fun thing to do.

Help hedge your Silver Buying and now is a great time to try to cut back on garbage items to have more Silver and more Fiat against your Silver. Enjoy the lower prices and always have Strong Hands.

6. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I stand by my statement, I specifically said NOT ALL. I have had stackers tell me directly that they can't wait for the inevitable collapse of the Dollar because they will be sitting pretty with their silver. If you are not one of those folks, so be it, but I am not wrong .

There are many stackers who feel that way. But as they say, Be careful what you wish for.......

serafino likes this.
  7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

A note to "Sarafino"...The value of ANY commodity goes up or down as its denominated currency goes down or up. Of course, supply/demand also affect the value of a commodity. Both need to be considered when estimating value.

8. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

Silver has been going down since 2012 there is no reason to think it's going to go down more. I suspect it will and will stay there.... In 1993 it was like 3.30 a ounce but I bought baseball cards instead and those are not worth anything. One of my childhood friends said he's not going to spend his life collecting metal and he had a very good point it's only metal. He is the kid who got me hooked on coin collecting and invited me into the local coin shop that closed up a year ago.

9. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

I would certainly back the truck up if silver dropped below ten dollars, and not because I think there will be a dollar collapse. My opinion is that stocks have pretty much had their run and other options should be seriously considered, PM's included.

10. SunriseCoins

Now I see the Marker for calling all PM's bottom based on one Metal- Platinum. Platinum goes below $800oz and makes it down to $600oz. Silver and Gold will be back at 2001 levels.

That's right Platinum trade action is the one and only important PM to watch and record its low points period, Platinum at this point in the PM Market is the Dictator here on out.

From what I see Platinum is weak and heading lower every year over and over from 2011. I see no reason it will not reach back to $600oz. At that point Gold and silver will be back at 2001 levels. My advice is do not buy much Silver and plain stay away from buying any Gold period.

11. SunriseCoins

Dow is losing extremely bad, this is pushing PM's up this will be short lived as the FED will Raise Interest Rates shorty.

12. SunriseCoins

I see today about 18 days later from my last post on the Dow above, the Dow is now losing more then ever, this is the worst the Dow has lost within the last 2 years.

We see to today PM's are losing all gains from the last week.

Gold is hanging in today, gold will drop more right to 2001 Trade Levels as Platinum is now losing and at this point Platinum is the PM King.

As Platinum falls in trade price down to $600 which it will, all other PM's will return to 2001 Trade Levels. I am warning you all now do not buy Gold and buy very little silver, half pound to pound of silver a month till PM's fall back to 2001 Trade Levels.

As always have Strong Hands. Do not sell out your PM's. You will be rewarded in the end.

13. SunriseCoins

I do want to follow up by saying I do like to collect Gold/Platinum coins myself and will keep doing so for Dates and Low Mintage Coins.

I know buying Gold or Platinum is a big mistake I hope others here will take my advice and stop with the the Buying of Gold and Platinum.

Please look at the History of trade prices for Gold and Platinum you will see it is easy to agree with the Return to 2001. After this return we will see PM's Flat-line for 5 years or less after that point all PM's will Sky Rocket. Its Simple want more Gold and Platinum do not buy right now in Bulk you will be able to buy 2 times more we 2001`Levels Return.

Silver on the other hand is so under valued that buying at $6.00 to $50 a oz will make no difference in the end when Silver Trades around $400-$500 oz within the next 20 years or less. $1000 for Silver per Oz is not out of the ? at all. The Public will wake up on PM's its only a timing thing now.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If gold is going down to 2001 levels, it seems to me that having "Strong Hands" would be foolish -- you should sell now, then buy back when those low prices arrive. What am I missing?

Blissskr and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  15. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Bunch of fortune tellers around this thread lol. Whoever ends up being right, expect some photos of my hands.... i havent yet had an accurate palm reading lol

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

There is no one who knows what will happen in the future, or they would have said I was going to post this before I did :)

17. Evan8

desertgem is going to make a post.... ah so close

18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I have fairly fast internet :) but you knew that.

19. SunriseCoins

You 2 calling me a Fortune Teller. Your both are Knuckle heads then.

Go look at a 30/40 year historic Chart for Gold, Silver and Platinum if you still think I am a Fortune Teller your both hopeless.

If you still then think I am a fortune. Go take then your extra cash and burn it for me.

A Fortune Teller unreal. Some of you are hopeless suckers. 2001 levels is right where PMs will go its not a guess its a fact of life, they start out of a Flat-line right around 2001 and they now will go back to it.

Platinum is the Key PM to watch its Trade action, Platinum keeps going down to $600 they all will go back to 2001 trade levels Gold/Silver. Wow and now people are going to say I am guessing looking at charts for the last 30/40 years of trade action what ever get a life you 2.

20. Evan8

Im not gonna pay you five dollars to tell me what happened in the past. I want to know the future! Will my high school crush say yes to a date! Im asking the important questions here!!!

Im not trying to make anyone mad im just poking fun at a thread that is a little tense lol. I dont mean anything by it. But seriously i need someone with a real crystal ball!!!!

21. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I know one thing for sure, she can't even tell you no if you don't ask. Heck, you might even get a really creative excuse why she can't, but at least you'll know

Evan8 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted