If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Maybe you need to learn some economics first, like inflation is not related to printing money (a widely but inaccurately held belief), but rather to incomes and their distribution. As long as the average family is struggling, there will be no general inflation. And as long as the uberwealthy are doing so well, inflation in luxury goods will persist. How many dollars are created is fully irrelevant.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Your last line makes no sense what so ever. What is created needs to have a correlation to what is produced, and the faith and trust in its backing. Printing or production of too many dollars would certainly produce inflation without something to correlate their production to. The one thing the fed did correctly was they did QE before their most closely matched competitor of the moment, the Euro.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

Except for one thing - "backing" is a meaningless concept. Every dollar is "backed" by what it was paid for, whether a thing or a service. This inflation theory of yours is pure "derp". It has been proven untrue yet its believers continue to profess it in clear contradiction of the empirical data.

5. PeacePeople

Another infomercial brought to you by the Federal Reserve....

Pickin and Grinin and Alegandron like this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

We now return you to our regularly scheduled infomercial, brought to you by HardAssetZeroHedge EDITED: See rules on abbrev.PlanSovereignMan.com...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
  7. PeacePeople

Another deep thought steeped in originality....

8. V. Kurt Bellman

You know what PP, you throw that around like it's an insult. I'm proud to associate myself with the Federal Reserve, the only people who did their part to save the WORLD's economy in 2007-09.

By the way, this entire SECTION, not just this thread, PROVES that the CT rules regarding political subjects are pure "male bovine feces". The ENTIRETY of bullion "investing" and "hard money" is awash in far-right political ideology. In fact, it couldn't exist WITHOUT ultra-right politics. The state bills that play with legal tender are all coming from ALEC, an ultra-right think tank. Yet here it is not only allowed but featured with its own section. Mr. Davis is a hypocrite and he knows it. Or at least I know it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    serafino likes this.
  9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Kurt, You would be better off in Peter's alternate world site. And I do hate to take action, because I am sure you will think Peter ordered me to do it, but blame me ( or rather blame yourself) 100%, as to me this is prior to him reading about it.

10. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

I always miss the good stuff!!

11. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Lets keep are hats on tight its going to be a bumpy ride here on out for the next 6 months or so.

Lets not make decisions from heart felt moments rather lets keep the Average we got now or lower it and hold on because Numbers are going to fall and jump faster then the eye can see. Only the ones with strong hands, the clear minded people will make it to the end for the win.

12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I think I will stack away. silver eagle.jpg

13. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

I replied to this before, it must have been too harsh because I don't see the post. You should not be proud to associate yourself with the FED, it's not even part of our government. You pretend to be smarter than all, you should know that. And printing money does not create wealth or stimulate the economy. Instead, it simply makes each dollar less valuable and leads to higher prices, a monetary phenomenon we call INFLATION! And you should know that, since you now it all.

slackaction1 likes this.
  14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, let's sure hope we have at least some inflation. It is absolutely needed to keep our monetary system sound. It is part of the design. If you don't like Inflation, I hope you never have to meet her ugly half sister Deflation, because that one is one mean lady.

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Apparently you did not see the notification either: "Moved your post out of sight, as the member you replied to can no longer post here." Not exactly friendly to simply re-post it a little later, as if the person you "reply" to had a chance of commenting.

Christian

16. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

For those living on fixed incomes, deflation would be a good thing. Problem is the government inflation numbers are bogus. Food, insurance, property taxes, medical, etcetera.

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Not really, just like SS is adjusted upward for inflation, the Government would adjust it downward for deflation. I also do not agree the government numbers on inflation are bogus. I know that is something the stackers love to believe, but it is simply not true. If you doubt me, do a few hours of research. Create your own basket of goods, just make sure they are random and not cherry-picked. Use the powers of the Internet to check the prices at a time of your choosing. Do the math, and match to the government figures.

18. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

I am fairly certain that if inflation is negative SS does not reduce monthly payments. Most pensions that I am aware of do not decrease monthly annuity payments should prices decline, mine included. You can also cherry pick your basket of items when determining inflation but my reality this past year has been 16% increase in our food expenditure, 12% increase in property taxes, 21% increase in our vehicle insurance, 17% increase in home owners insurance, teeth cleaning at the dentist increase 25%. I could go on but don't want to bore you. Our reality is that our cost of living has increased dramatically this past year, all the while the government says it hasn't. Truth be told, more people every day are realizing what a shame our government really is.

19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Of course they would lower SS, they would be forced to since far less money would becoming in. Besides, fair is fair, they give you a bump up, so why would the opposite be true. As far as pensions go, I agree with you there, but the folks lucky enough to have a pension are in the minority.

As far as you expenditures rising, the rest of the us are just not seeing what you are. Food costs have down for two consecutive quarters now due mostly to lower fuel costs. Property taxes in my state (NJ) rose an average of 2.2%. A lot of states were less. Mine personally were flat. Auto insurance in NJ also only rise 2.2%. For me, my increase was in line with the average. I am not sure about homeowners insurance but I know mine did not go up at all, and if yours went up 17%, I am sure you can get a better deal elsewhere. Same with your dentist, my dental costs went down because I switched dentists, one who was more willing to work with my insurance Co.

20. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Oops, I went back and checked. My property tax actually went up 0.8% and was not flat as I posted.

21. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

I apologize, I did not see the notification. I was simply replying to Kurt who has insulted me more than once and is still posting on CT. Makes me want to stay away from this forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted