If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I think you will find that this is almost all 'paper silver' , calls and puts that will settle in dollars, not silver, so little access to physical silver is needed. It is hard to play the game with physical silver you lug around. The hope is to get people to notice the shift and think that it means physical silver will go up correspondingly. Only an ETF such as SLV could play with physical. However, they might be a factor now, and want the shorting to continue farther down before flipping. Few like the 'shorts', but some evidence points towards much better gains playing that direction. I guess people get frightened easier than enthused.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

This is kind of like deja vu all over again. I remember this line a of thought when one of the Big Investment Bankers supposedly had a "MASSIVE" short position. A short squeeze did not pan out then, and most likey will not pan out now.

My guess would be it will probably work out better to jump on the short bandwagon, then to fight the trend on this one.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Miners and refiners often take huge "naked" short positions. They take them when they have no metal in hand, but in the ground only. It's called risk management. They know what deposits they're working and when they'll have metal to satisfy the contract.

5. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I am just waiting until the tide pulls out to put my feet in. I am thinking somewhere around $16 might be okay. I am going to buy when it hits there. I may be wrong...Should I wait until it either bounces off of $15.50 or sinks under $15.40? That's supposed to be a critical point. If it sinks below that we're headed lower...

6. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Who is Lugging Silver around? Physical Silver is where it is at. Paper is Silver is a falsehood. Silver will under $14 it up to you Revi when to buy. I buy now like 1000's of others and work the Average, try not to over think Physical Silver like so many here on this Tread it is a waste of time.

7. SunriseCoins

Over 95% of Americans do not own Silver Bullion, shame on them.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

May I inquire what data source backs that statement. Thanks

9. V. Kurt Bellman

That is what a number of technical analysis graph watchers say. $15.43 is the historical low on the 5-year chart, and they think if we break below it yet again, the "support" will be broken and the floor is well below. To me, it's all hocus pocus. Commodities are, in the final analysis, moving based on supply and demand, not by which way a chart or graph wiggles and waggles.

slackaction1 likes this.
  10. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

It occours to me that being left behind when the herd is all running one way amounts to being in the lead when they all start running the other way.

longnine009, chrisild, Dave M and 2 others like this.
  11. V. Kurt Bellman

I see that spot silver briefly went below $16 an ounce this morning and bounced off it. More to come. It's been a rough week for metals, goys and birls.

12. JustHad2

JustHad2 Do It!

When I can buy a 100 oz bar for the price of a kilo today - I am all in! :D

13. SunriseCoins

@desertgem, Your Local McD's or Walmart either one. Just as the people you will get the answer.

@JustHad2, I agree with all you wrote. He/She is working the Average and will find the payoff in the end.

Mr.Bellman yes Mr.Bellman yes yes yes, now not sure why you are doing a play by play when you have no interest at this point to buy Bullion.

Lets not play into the Falsehoods that the Paper Silver/Gold Markets bring us from day to day these days and lets bring Shiny home to stay, please have strong hands and work the Average safely people. Have a day.

14. SunriseCoins

On Monday or Tuesday I will point out what Reports, Meetings and Events that will effect Bullion, please have strong hands and be ready for what the future will bring. Have a day.

15. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

Oh my god I am clearing my schedule for the next two days, and readying myself, this is going to be incredible.

Mr Roots likes this.
  16. SunriseCoins

Ok Never Mind Then, you all have a great week

17. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

So. One person voices their...disbelief...at your statement of pending data, and you just quit? That makes me feel like there was no data just like the desertgem predicted.

18. galapac

galapac Seeking Knowledge

+1
    ...never makes any sense...

19. SunriseCoins

I am glad to see the struggle the Dollar has been having.

@I disagree with all you wrote OGG, thanks for this.

20. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Wow, I just found this thread after being away awhile. It has grown into a huge thread with multiple opinions and information. Very educational and entertaining and yes I do enjoy reading this.

I will only say this I do stack silver and soon fractional gold while the prices are low. I fortunately started stacking silver when the spot price was at 25.00 an ounce. Everyone has their opinions why they stack but mine is as a hedge against inflation not the end of the world scenario. Trust me the end of the world scenario will just be chaos with all human reasoning off the table and survival will rule the day so stack for fun.

Get silver bullion, 90% silver coins, bars , rounds, commeratives, classic coins, whatever catches your eye. But do keep a small stack ready to sell in the likely hood you find yourself short of money or if the Dollar takes a tumble. Also invest in other areas like mutual funds , Stocks and bonds. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversity is a key.

I will say one other thing , physical precious metals is used as a currency backup as we all read in the news today. Why else are all these countries buying record breaking silver and gold and even US corporations stacking the stuff for right now (eg. Chase). Do they know something we do not. Time will tell, but I wonder if Greece would be in its position if had stacked some PM's.

Enjoy the ride.

21. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

This thread is old and tired. Silver is worth something, fiat currency is ultimately worthless and will prove so in the end. Won't be long before the dollar is no longer the world reserve currency. The more the FED prints the dollar the more inflation you have and the dollar loses more value.

Draft saved Draft deleted