If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

yep, sad, "Lost Cause", not my avatar quote.
    Screw safe! My stack is hidden, by my carpenter. I have a lot of stuff to steal. Home Alarm System.

Gilbert likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Yes it is. You appear to be a frustrated wanna be teacher. Why don't you just coach little league football or something.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Silverino likes this.
  4. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

One Silver is good and fine to work a Average with. Its very easy to hold Silver and get back what you paid and more long term. I will not myself bust or build much on my 18-19 dollar average right now. Again each month I buy a half pound or pound of Silver till I see silver under or around $15 then I will buy 3-4 times more.

Having more buying power is not very important in the long term with Silver it is a mute point and not one to over think. Fed are sole in charge of the Markets and Silver is reacted likewise to that fact. Silver value should be around $200 oz to $300. I think everybody should have no less then 1000oz's of Silver and if not should be a goal as Silver is low right now.

Strong Hands and jump in and buy Silver its cheap, work the Average.

Silverino likes this.
  5. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Really????? Purchaing power should be the only thing that is important. Even in the VERY unlikely event of USD meltdown, what you can trade your silver in for (Purchasing Power) is the only thing that matters in the end. If that is not important to you, what are you planning on doing with it......make pretty little stacks????

Silverino and -jeffB like this.
  6. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

Honestly, I am impressed that you could decipher what Sunrise was even rambling about. And after decoding his "speech", I must agree with you Mike. If not purchasing power, what matters?

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Barrick sold it's Australian mine "Cowal" to Evolution, and as often in these business deals , interesting factoids can come out.

"The Cowal mine produced 268,000 ounces of gold last year at an all-in sustaining cost of about $740 to $775 an ounce, according to Barrick."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/evolution-agrees-pay-550-million-135609478.html

So this gives a floor to ponder.

8. SunriseCoins

Here I will write it like this,

Silver will be worth $200-$300 a oz in 20-30 years

Average Bullion its ok and will be fine in the long run do not worry

I buy a Half Pound to 1 Pound of Silver a month till the 2006-07 Levels return

Then I will buy More 3- times or more

Strong Hands and jump in and buy Silver its cheap, work the Average

Extra Info:

People that buy Fast Food,Boo's,Cigs waste Money this I am glad for

The shiny is not a waste or a losing problem in the Long Run

Be careful telling people what Not to spend their Fait on its their money

Easy on the finger pointing at Bullion buyers

The Fait Markets are fake and doom to crash and burn

The Silver haters on this Thread are becoming a problem for any positive info

P.S. Info

Lets all step one foot back and 10 forward this is what Silver will do for you if you buy it for the Long Run, Thanks so much. Have a day

9. SunriseCoins

PM's Just showed more weakness in the Market. Fed. Lookssiiiiiiiiiie here is another small sign PM's weaken by a Force Feed Fait Market. Spoon in hand the FED. More Silver drops the More Silver I want. I See the price Low my Heart beats faster.

This is what I will end on for now, most people really Millions have no idea that now is the time to by. Here is why you should buy now.

Because in the End, the End of US Fait as we know and use it, the middle/between times and a good chance forever Silver will Rocket. I may just bump up to 2 Pounds of Silver Next Month.

Silverino likes this.
  10. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I think this may be the last drop. As long as it bounces above $15.40. Clive Maund said that it would drop one last time, then to da moon!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  11. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

You should be worried about the next five years. Our economy is headed for disaster. Fiat currency is backed by nothing, with our country 17 billion in debt, we can't keep printing it and expect it to hold value. The dollar will no longer be the world standard. Silver will always have value.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Can you name me one time in even moderately recent history in which a fiat currency collapse led a nation to resume a metals backed currency? If the USD we're doomed, and it clearly is not, why on earth would a metals based currency result? The last time I can think of, it was done only partially, and not for very long before the war broke out - the Third Reich of Germany. For a few years, their high denomination coins contained silver. Just saying, it seems to be a regime with, ohhh, emulation concerns.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    sgt23 likes this.
  13. re-collect

re-collect Active Member

If our country's debt was 17 billion...Oh happy days!

14. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

Time will prove me correct. Not a long time, only 4-5 years and the dollar will collapse. Life will change for all of us. But of coarse I'm just a doomsday nut job, so don't be prepared. Stock up on fiat currency which cost's 4 cents to print and I'll stick to precious metals which has held value for thousands of years.

Silverino likes this.
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

Okay, just be sure to also hold on to those curses and bloodletting for health care, and the mythology versions of all pseudoscience, because they have thousands of years of use, too.

16. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Yikes!!!!!! First off, why would you think the dollar will collapse in 5 years???? Please be specific, as that is quite the prediction considering the dollar is mending and getting stronger. It really is just not likely. I am hoping you are not getting that stuff from zero hedge of silver doctor, as those folks are nothing more than low life pimps for the bullion industry who are trying to snooker you out of you hard earned dollars.

Second, why would anybody want to stock up on fiat currency????? No one here has ever recommended that. The better move is to purchase assets that will grow your wealth. You can keep some fiat on hand, you know to pay your bills, and buy a case of beer. It comes in quite handy for that. It really seems you don't understand what fiat currency is for. it is simply a unit of exchange. It was never meant to be a store of wealth wealth, at least not a good one. The comparison makes about as much sense as comparing an apple with a hammer. It really depends on what you are using it for.

Finally, why would you think Silver would have any value in the unlikely event of a USD collapse????. Sure it has held its value in the past, but that was because there was someplace to bring the silver to. In a USD meltdown, the whole World collapses and industry comes to a halt. Silver no longer has any industrial value and becomes worthless. There is just no place to bring your silver to. You can't eat it, and it does keep a shelter over your head. No one will want it just because it is shiny.

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

.....but, but, it has intrinsic value mike !!!

:arghh:

18. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Oh yeah, I forgot..... Silly me ;)

19. V. Kurt Bellman

Stacker mentality informed economic theory is dripping with so-called common man common sense simplicity. That's not its virtue, but rather its downfall. Sound economic theory is counter-intuitive. In other words, very often if "A" as an economic policy makes common sense to the common man, almost invariably the correct economic policy is "not A". This is especially true if people ask, "what if we did that in our household budgets?" If it sounds horrible for a household to do, there's about a 90% chance that's EXACTLY what a government should do.

20. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Right, makes perfect sense to me to bury yourself in debt when you're not required to pay it back.

Back in Jan 2009 the Dow was at just over 7000, now in 2015 it's just above 18,000. Can you honestly tell me you believe that is natural growth of the economy, or does it have something to do with the trillions of money that has been pumped into the economy by the central banks and governing bodies around the world?

Gilbert likes this.
  21. V. Kurt Bellman

No, the "correct" answer to the 2008 crash would have been to take interest rates negative. Yes, "paying people" to borrow money and "invoicing them" for saving money sounds radical, and it is. Sometimes radical times require radical prescriptions.

The change in the Dow in the range you selected contains three primary elements: over-selling then, real earnings growth, and over-buying now, much of it fueled by a lack of any alternatives that are poised to do well. Let's look at one DJIA stock (now, not then) - APPLE. Its price curve is straight up, after accounting for its 7:1 split. "Back in Jan 2009" it sold for a split adjusted $12.18. Now, it's $131.66 at my last glance before typing this. Its P/E is rather low, so its price is not fluff, but true growth. Their gross margins are insanely great, to coin a phrase. But, if you prefer to have it lead you to believe in financial Armageddon's imminent approach, the consequences of that thinking are all yours.

Look, we went loose money while the rest of the rich world went "austerity". We won the day, and now they're following suit, just when we went neutral again. And we win again (exception for the export-reliant sector). "Austerity" is seldom the answer to a damaged economy. It is an accelerant, not a fire retardant.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted