If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The point is that, when the first currencies "went euro" 15+ years ago, the conversion rates were pretty much what they used to be in the ECU years. Now the question of whether we should have an actual currency union, or some "dollarization" type where one country sets the standards for the others involved, was a political one (Maastricht Treaty 1992/93) of course ...

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

If everybody knew the value of stacking silver and gold numismatic or not, I would not be able to purchase what I want and the price I'd be willing to pay.
    So, please keep your currency, do not buy PM's, it's for losers thank you very much!

longnine009 likes this.
  4. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

We dipped briefly below $17 and now we are back above, I really don't know what it's going to do, but I suspect we are headed back down for a little bit, and then maybe up. Don't quote me.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Okay, I won't... D'oh!

Revi likes this.
  6. EasyE418

EasyE418 Ca$h Money collector

When I was in B school in 2011, this moron kiss ass student kept preaching "I am hoarding silver at $40-$50 an oz, it's going to keep going to $100 an oz, great investment"...... I wanted to punch him in the face as hard as I could.

Looks like I didn't have to punch him in order for him to learn a lesson.....as he was buying, I was selling gold at $1600 an oz.

It just sucks that I didn't take all my silver to a shop and cleaned house right at $49.45 an oz.

7. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

What if he'd offered to by your silver at the top? Would you still have wanted to punch him the face?

The greater fool theory doen't work without greater fools.

Silverino likes this.
  8. Found Dutchman

Found Dutchman New Member

I think silver will go down around the 15 level and may even touch the 10 level for a short time period. It just creates a buying time as I luv silver!!

Revi likes this.
  9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

When it gets to $10, still most will not buy, waiting for it to get to $8. If one thinks it will go down to that, sell now and buy cheaper then ( again , most do not ~ afraid it will jump above them before they can buy it back.

Revi likes this.
  10. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Unfortunately the price is not determined by physical buy and sell orders. Big money can push the price of anything up or down.

11. Found Dutchman

Found Dutchman New Member

Very good points. I buy year round but I up the % if I get big dips!

12. EB31

EB31 New Member

I'd rather have my cash in my safe than in a bank. Then to go a step further, I'd rather have silver in my safe than cash.

Revi likes this.
  13. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, a word of advice. Safes.... Not so safe. I hope you don't find out the hard way, like many do.

14. longnine009

Have you ever said anything that was not directly or indirectly anti Stacking? Just curious Mike- ever?

Really, you don't have to worry your quaint little status quo world will topple from Stacking.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  15. EB31

EB31 New Member

And a safe is better than no safe, regardless if how you try to spin it.

16. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

But not as safe as a safe deposit box.... In my opinion, you go with the odds...

Mike

17. EB31

EB31 New Member

Again, if you trust a bank to hold your possessions. Personally, I don't.

18. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Not that much on this forum, I strongly disagree with the philosopy of stacking, it really hasn't done anything except make people a LOT poorer over the last 4-5 years. You have been around long enough to know, this NOT Monday morning quarterbacking here. I recommend selling Silver, shorting Silver, buying equities at the correct times. It is all in the old posts. Where did I go wrong I state my opinions, and present evidence about things that are just not true at all. Is that really that bad???? Let me ask you a question? If you had followed my advice over the last four or five years, how much more purchasing power would you have today. My guess is around 4 times more. Please answer this question truthfully and explain you have such an issue with that. Some folks would prefer to increase their wealth instead of shrinking it. So, I post things that might be able to help them. That is all. I am not really that broken up over that if you don't like it.

V. Kurt Bellman likes this.
  19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Its an odds thing, while there are no guarantees, how many folks per year get robbed in the US.... around a million. How many folks per year have the bank/gov/anyone steal the contents of their SDB. Very few to none. You go against the odds, you will usually regret it. It is that simple.

20. longnine009

Do you really think I'm going to dig up your posts and then calculate whether I'd be better off today if I had followed your advice? I guess you can mark that as not answering your question honestly.

But since I don't recognize the parameters you like to wrap around everything, I don't care what call it.

I bet Stackers must look like strategic morons to folks in the misty meadow where the feds only job function is to ensure the unicorns in the Dow and S&P are having a frolicking day?

So yeah, Stackers lose money. We're not too big to fail. Janet isn't coming by to kiss us good night. Over on this side of the tracks you get greedy, you get stupid, you get killed. It's called CAPITALISM.

So guess what Mike? If I go down, I'm going down clutching Atlas shrugged in my left arm and a Starving Liberty Zombuck in my right hand. And if wallstreet and the status quo can let go of the fed teat long enough to do so, they are cordially invited to BITE ME!

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Silverino likes this.
  21. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

So sad........

Draft saved Draft deleted