If you don't Silver Stack you will be left behind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SunriseCoins, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Silver or Fiat which one wins in the long run?

This poll will close on Mar 22, 2045 at 4:18 AM.
  1. Silver

75.5%
  2. Fiat

24.5%
  1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Way (fact?) of life in this section of the forums. Those faint of heart should tread not here. What did Harry Truman say? Oh yes.......'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I do agree with that , but the truth is also "what gets one very, very rich is good management of funds, fiat, and money".

To ignore one or the other makes a very very bad investor of anything financial.

green18 likes this.
  4. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, I do disagree and here is my reasoning. The unexpected happens.... When holding billion, after inflation, for the long term, the best you can hope for is to break even (preserve your wealth). That is difficult though, as even with careful buying, you are already in the hole because of the vig. Now as I said, the unexpected happens, the furnace goes, the car engine blows, unexpected baby (that's a big one), and bam, you are pulling from you stack. What's worse, the way life is, it may very well be at a very, inopportune time to sell, and you are takin' a lickin'. Now your stack is dwindling, just when you should be adding. The result to you long term holding return, will be disastrous.

There is also the cost of storage and the VERY real possibility of lost due to fire, flood, theft, etc. That can get you broke in a heartbeat.

Now if the investing strategy had growth planned into say something to the tune of 7% a year after inflation, there is much more likely chance you will have the funds to make it though the rough spots or to better recoup any withdrawals that were necessary. With a buillion only play , and the low growth rates, the chances of going bust are greatly increased during these "unexpected" but almost guaranteed times of financial distress.

For your point of not comparing fiat with silver. I guess the title of your poll fooled me. "Silver or Fiat, which one wins in the long run."

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    torontokuba likes this.
  5. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

I take care of storage,holes in the ground or false baseboards and many other ways along with trick steal items left out in the open if I get rob if I am not home. I live with folks all around in this Valley with dogs and one scream help and many will be right on the phone and out the door to help.

Silver is a back bone for failing fiat. I have = fiat against my Silver Stack again. I have more fiat on top of that. I own items that are worth money. I own my own business for the last 20 some years. My Silver goes in the ground with me or I cash out for New World Order Cash as silver will bust $300-$1000 oz in the next 40-70 years.

M2000 much better this time with the post. I have to write You assume to much. I have cleared up the guessing for you, like it or not I stack silver. Agree with it or not I stack silver.

When investing or giving advice I will not use or think words such as -Hope-Maybe-If-Should Have-Looks Like-M2000 you use some of the words. Not Good.

Tinpot likes this.
  6. SunriseCoins

Desertgem, your the Mod I said I have = Silver to Fiat are you not reading your the Mod. Look I am a man a strong one body and objectives.

I could be helping calling the Market for Silver week to week here the best I can do 90% right thur out a year. Some weeks numbers change so fast that nobody gets it right. I will not at this point because of the nasty behavior problem you leave un-worked out with members.

I will do this my advice for silver investing/stacking is half pound to 1 pound a month till trade price is at 2006-07 Levels,take care. Strong hands

Tinpot likes this.
  7. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

So are you saying your strategy is to diversify??? And fiat is not bad in itself, just different than silver???

If so, I totally agree.

Mike

8. SunriseCoins

Yes, I diversify. I trust silver far more then US Fiat. Dow up over 200 points and US Dollar up today,Bullion down. Low range most all last week with some what bullion rally's broken fast all last week silver trade stop at a low $16 and what do we see today high $15.

Got to say told you so Fiat is tied into Bullion. Why traders go where the money is to be made. Which depends on Report Numbers,Meetings and sometimes at times World events such as Wars and Extreme Weather problem,etc.

9. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

This thread has turned GOLD.

slackaction1 likes this.
  10. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Whats that famous saying..."Gold is hoarded; silver is consumed". I think you have your answer. Investing in silver or FIAT is a no-brainer.

11. SunriseCoins

Yes investing in Silver is a no-brainer. Its more likely the Fed will be Dovish this week, at any rate Silver will be going back to 2006-07 levels. I am still only buying a half pound to 1 pound of silver each month this year till the Fed work out the interest rate.

I may pick out a few MS70/PF70 Coins this year to add to the few I picked up early this year.

Silver leads the poll still.

12. lucybop

lucybop Active Member

This thread reminded me to place a order with Yeagers Poured Silver.

13. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

You mean left behind with money in the bank, as opposed to frozen losses in the stacks?

Why segregate? I would like them both, together, a Silver Fiat...:happy:

Screen shot 2015-04-29 at 8.58.46 PM.png

You did not include the option for both in the poll.:(

14. torontokuba

If it doesn't, we all lose. You don't want to be part of a society in which it failed.

mikem2000 likes this.
  15. torontokuba

There is always the noose [​IMG], but, at your age it would be considered a waste of rope. Just wait it out.;):D

green18 likes this.
  16. torontokuba

Apologizing? I can already tell you and I won't get along.;)

green18 likes this.
  17. torontokuba

I see that this thread is about silver, according to the OP...

A silver coin collector is automatically invested in silver, hoping that the collectible value exceeds the metal content value. Sometimes, the doom and gloom spikes you guys wait a lifetime for, play havoc with our collectibles. This time around, we saw the PM bubble temporarily wipe out the value of our less expensive collectibles. Looks like everything is slowly returning back to normal. PM hibernation will be here soon enough. I believe we, regular collectors, have access to the bullion investing forum for good reason. You're also welcome to it, with your PM hoarding hobby.

-jeffB likes this.
  18. SunriseCoins

@torontokuba, you feel better. Get all that out. You want to lay down, o good because what you said to green18 you should be kicked off the site. Get a grip.

Silver/Fait get some, its all worthy at some point or the other. I like my Silver. I deal with my Fait.

slackaction1 likes this.
  19. SunriseCoins

@lucybop, Yeagers Poured Silver they do have a few cool items. Custom is fun but cost more extra then I will pay. Grade Silver Coin 70 Slabs is something I am interested in when paying more extra.

20. torontokuba

I think I'll wait till @green18 reports me to the proper authorities.:smuggrin:

21. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

If its bad enough.. you wont have to wait for Mr. Green18 TO REPORT YOU.... the mod will swoop down and let you know... I KNOW..... I do stack, hoard, buy silver and convinced it will pay off down the long winding road either for me or my grandkids some day.... I don't count on it for any wealth, but like collecting all types of silver coins but the best part for me is listening and learning from allot of the experts on this forum by far the best advice and will answer any dumb questions I have had..... that's how we roll here in the lower 48.........

Draft saved Draft deleted