If goldcollector did rip off another member...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Or....he doesn’t sign in but may be lurking

fretboard likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Along with 437 other lurkers and 40 bots recording faithfully :)

Stevearino, fretboard and Heavymetal like this.
  4. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

He is just one of several, and there have been others who damaged more individuals.

I'm still dealing with one who appreciably stole from me without repayment.

I'm reluctant to prosecute through Federal courts those being stupid and stubborn without several violations.

It's believed that a large portion of our populous qualify for prosecution, but they're still legally controlling our country. I must have patience with the few that directly enter my life!

JMHO

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have had several very pleasant transactions with you and I’m sorry that deadbeats seem to have taken advantage of you too. Unscrupulous people seem so rampant in our hobby.... As well as everywhere these days it seems. Makes me glad I am closer to the end of my life than the beginning.

imrich and Heavymetal like this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Its not just this hobby, state, or country Randy, its everywhere. I have to ask students to put their electronics away in their bags for a test, and then say including your tablets, and then including smart watches and smart rings ( had 2 students with smart rings this summer in Microbiology class). When they are implanted, I am going to quit teaching. I have 2 students who the first day said " My grandmother said to say hello as they were in your class 40 years ago :) I love it! They will have to take me kicking when its my time. Stick with it Randy, Jim

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

No way! CU is not for me at all, I'll stay here for as long as I'm able! :D

Hookman likes this.
  8. fretboard

9. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Well, it takes one to know one, if you get my drift.

I suppose I should take a gander at that area where other members have things they want to sell or trade; thanks for reminding me that there is one here.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

11. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Eh, that end-of-life thing belongs to me.

Of late I've been disappointed by a few transactions on Amazon and ebay—not ones for coins, per se, but for coin supplies where the seller sent products that did not meet expectations. In these instances, I've chosen NOT to pursue returning these things to the sellers, primarily because my physical handicaps are such that taking these items to the USPS are difficult for me. I made light of such an issue in the sole review that appears here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002C0KJ3Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would prefer not to try to sell extra items that I have but rather to trade them to individuals here that I have grown to trust and respect. It bothers me when people do things to other people, but I believe that you and the others here who have noted that it's a sign of the times have described it spot on.

12. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

No surprise there indeed. Did he post a picture of his own bullion in it?

13. fretboard

Fair enough, he's ignored anyway! :D

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

for sale.JPG

I think Doug's posting, at the top of the for sale forum, sends a clear message to all who would attempt to buy there. Newbie or not, you can more or less gauge the level of trust put onto that section of these boards. This shenanigans of buyers or sellers stiffing each other has been going on for years, and the only way it will ever cease is if buyers/sellers only deal with friends, trusted members or, trusted dealer members.......

fretboard and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  15. -jeffB

This thread helps people decide which members to trust.

16. green18

That and some years of experiencing interaction between members.

fretboard likes this.
  17. -jeffB

Spending years to learn something? Now that's just crazy talk. :rolleyes:

Randy Abercrombie and Kentucky like this.
  18. Does CT have a list of dealer members ? The only thing I could find was a national list, but did not specify if they were CT members. Thanks Steve.

green18 likes this.
  19. green18

Not to my knowledge Steve.

20. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Hi All.

It's been a while since I've posted. Life's "have to" things got me sidetracked from my "want to" list.

Ironically, I came over here because I was thinking of selling or trading something I bought last year that I decided I don't want. Then I see this post. Ripoffs can go both ways and now I'm having second thoughts.

Regarding the issue at hand:

Would it be possible to have a "Pinned Post" at the top of the forum near the B/S/T page called "Allegations of Cheating in Sales & Trades" where people can post their own Allegations of having been cheated in some way in a sale or trade. This way there is no "Lynch Mob". Those who run the forum don't have to worry about being sued because it's simply a forum for individual members to post their "Allegations" the same way allegations are posted by any member on any of these threads. There are no determinations being made by the CT forum moderators as to the validity of the claims so there should be no legal issues.

Moderators - is something like this at all possible?

Another Idea:

A running list can be kept of "Allegations of Cheating in Sales & Trades" posted to the B/S/T page. The list can simply have the screen name of the alleged cheater, the screen name of the one making the allegation, and links to the posts with the allegations. Each time a new allegation arises it can be added to the list and the list then be re-posted by any member. It is just an aggregated list of information that has already been posted without making any determination of whether or not it is true or false, it is simply a compilation into one place of what has already been posted.

Moderators - would there be issues with something like this?

21. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

He should be given "X" amount of time to respond. There is no place for a crook on the site ? To continue to totally ignore the accusations and then have so many comments on ratio is a little Obtuse.
    Got a week, if not, he can be removed. I don't see where the site is responsible to keep any member ? Yes, no ? So what you lose a member...

Good Cents likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.