Idiots...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Galen59, Nov 8, 2017.

1. D-Train

D-Train proof coin enthusiast

That’s some nice silver bullion, something I’ve been collecting lately. Can I ask who minted it? I’d like to add one to my collection. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

The latter is indeed an extremely clever turn of phrase, and I'm sure it most likely does apply to those who happen to think that way.

4. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

"Dreams are necessary to life. Anais Nin"

That does it.

I am naming my next kid "Anals".

Evan8 likes this.
  5. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Oh, wait.

I just put my glasses back on....That's Anais".

Got it.

Never mind.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. Lemme Caution

But you'll always have Paris.

7. Lemme Caution

I think I'll just hop in here since it looks like we're having us a regular oldsters re(?)union. I'm 70, have been interested in coins for well over sixty years, and am now working on my third attempt at assembling a collection, having lost the first one to burglary and the second to divorce (virtually the same thing). And so it goes.

8. Lemme Caution

You've probably helped rescue this thread from a headlong trip to ruin. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  9. D-Train

I have some silver bullion that, quite literally, is designed for stacking, as the raised portion of the “coin” fits perfectly into the reverse of the same “coin”.

https://www.apmex.com/product/88971/2-oz-scottsdale-silver-round-stacker

So yeah, I also took the term “stacking” literally. :shy:

10. D-Train

ROFL! Can you say “click bait”? And some people call ME a troll! :p

wxcoin likes this.
  11. Lemme Caution

Unfortunately, that could well be considered insulting, and perhaps even gratuitously so, but whether or not it was designed to bring out the very worst in people it certainly succeeded admirably in doing so.

wxcoin likes this.
  12. Lemme Caution

Yes, but whether that's in fact the case or not is one of those chicken or egg type conundrums.

13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

A thousand years ago, the only people on earth were monkeys, and they said, ‘We’ll never walk erect. We’ll never use tools. We’ll never talk.’ And then one monkey said. ‘Oh yeah? Well I’m talking right now!’ That monkey was a dreamer.
    Fast forward 500 years. The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. ‘You fools! You idiots! What’s your problem?’ everyone shouted, ‘That will never work because plywood weighs more than air!’ To which the Wright brothers responded, ‘No, it doesn’t.’ The Wright brothers were dreamers.
    The earl of sandwich and Sir Francis Bacon. Had it not been for them, the BLT would merely be lettuce and tomato. They were dreamers, and sandwich makers…Vincent Van Gogh. Everyone told him, ‘You only have one ear. You cannot be a great artist.’ And you know what he said? ‘I can’t hear you.’ Van Gogh was a dreamer…Louis Pasteur turned cheese into medicine…Benjamin Franklin. People said, ‘You can’t fly a kite in a rainstorm,’ and Ben Franklin said, ‘Yes you can, if you have an electric kite.’

asheland and xCoin-Hoarder'92x like this.
  14. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

What is this? The Designated Drunk Thread? Not much is making any sense here.

Or do you have to be drunk too, to be able to understand what this is? Ill come back when it's 5 o'clock here:wacky:

Kentucky and wxcoin like this.
  15. Lemme Caution

Evan8 likes this.
  16. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Youre not more confused about how monkeys were the only people on earth 1000 years ago?

I for one cant believe it was only 500 years ago when the Wright Brothers first flew

Michael K likes this.
  17. Lemme Caution

18. Lemme Caution

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

This is one thread that sooner or later, someone will try to outdo the others and will have an awakening when their password no longer works and all of their posts and snappy comments are gone. Will it be you that falls under the charm and call of fermentation?

wxcoin likes this.
  20. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

!st I must sincerely apologize for even posting this, I should have realized it was going to bring up way more than thought possible, It was a response to "Silver getting crushed today".. What a nickel, dime who cares...I look at a balanced portfolio that's it. as for answers and questions, I learn, ask, even help out when I can, again apologies, ..

21. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Lastly " If the water's to cold don't get in." Old Klingon Proverb.

wxcoin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted