I would have said it was junk..,,..

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by princeofwaldo, Jan 29, 2020.

1. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Yeah well Estimate: 2,000 - 3,000 GBP.

Some people have too much money :greedy:
    Great deal for the seller.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  4. princeofwaldo

I can understand paying $20,000 for Jackie Onasis' stainless steel DuPont lighter when Sotheby's auctioned off her stuff, but outside of a few academic types, this guy was a nobody even if he did win half a Nobel prize for economics. (Yup, shared with another guy).

Yeah, too much money indeed. His Noble Prize fetched over a million GBP. His typewriter a bargain at only 17,500. Here's a 200 gram bar that went to the moon:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...llection/c2aac066-7c84-4061-8b7c-a47dab435786

His great contribution to economic theory? That free markets allocate resources more efficiently than planned economies. Now there's a novel concept worthy of a presidential medal of freedom (yup, he got one of those too).

I just feel bad for the heirs of the chumps who paid that much for this junk. Then again maybe the heirs won't get anything at all, not even these gold trinkets. These economic aficionados are probably the type who would leave their own kids out of their will because it would violate their high moral beliefs on how economies are supposed to work if they left them anything.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  5. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

If people will pay 7-figures for a bland painting with 2 colors on it, they'll buy anything. :eek:

6. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

princeofwaldo likes this.
  7. princeofwaldo

For that kind of money, I think I would opt for a 20 coin roll of 1804 dollars.

ripple likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted