I want to make some money...American Silver Eagles

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Mike Drop, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

And another thing many people wished they had been told: if anyone tells you they can guarantee you a profit with your investment -- any amount -- politely turn and run in the other direction.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

No, slabbed ASE's(non-proof) is like EDITED: LANGUAGE. Proof ASE's @70UCAM that can be acquired at a good price(50% below retail) are a different story.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  4. Deadline

Deadline Active Member

Never going to happen. Its an illusion to lull the masses. Turn your TV and computer off and go outside and enjoy life...

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

How nice is that Mr. Drop is also being kindly provided with fine examples of what/who not to listen to.

Cointalk: the gift that keeps on giving....

Mike Drop and Kentucky like this.
  6. Mike Drop

Mike Drop Active Member

I really appreciate all the help. Thank you everyone.

7. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Either this guy is stupid or trolling. Either way, don't waste too much time responding to him.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Which guy would that be?

9. Santinidollar

If we want your advice, we'll ask for it. I suspect no one has missed you and your run-the-site attitude one iota.

10. Santinidollar

You're more than welcome.

11. BooksB4Coins

You can't be talking about the OP, or so I hope.

I admit that the initial question may sound as if it could be somewhat trollish, but all evidence suggests he's just starting out and likely assumes many of the painfully common falsehoods most new people do. However, he has thus far shown himself to be a very polite young man, and for this reason alone he deserves to be treated with the same respect he's afforded us. Hopefully, we can help to place him on a wise path, or at least provide the tools he can use to make an educated decision.

That said, every one of us was "stupid" at one point, just as every one of us is still ignorant about more subjects than we're familiar. The fact is, and with all things considered, being "stupid" about coins or metals is a rather insignificant "offense".

Curtisimo and sakata like this.
  12. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I have no idea who you are replying to so I assume it must be one of the trolls I have blocked. However, you make excellent points and I wish everyone here would think that way. Unfortunately, many behave way more like children than the original poster in this thread does.

13. Mike Drop

Mike Drop Active Member

I'm in no way attempting to cause harm or "trolling" to anyone. Just want to learn

Bman33 likes this.
  14. BooksB4Coins

Don't worry about it, Mike; you're okay. This happens sometimes, but pay it no mind.

15. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Cool!

My apologies, then.

Try to search for the forum for all the recommendations about what to buy and why.

16. Mike Drop

Mike Drop Active Member

Alright, I thank everyone for their valuable feedback. If no one else has any comments or concerns, then I bring this to a close. I hope every one has a great time enjoying the hobby of numismatics.

17. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

I debate this fellow on another site that believes we'll all have Holodecks any day now too. Granted, productivity improvements and competition, cause me to agree the "suit/gold" analogy is outdated and inaccurate. But the inflation skim will always be with us while we suffer under the current, monetary monopoly.

PM's are one of the few "things" and IMO, the best means of saving under current economic conditions. I don't see that changing any time soon. Certainly not to the average, frugal citizen's advantage.

image.jpeg

18. Mike Drop

Mike Drop Active Member

Very interesting how somethings become cheaper and more expensive. How much affect on this chart did the 2004 market crash have?

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, they're more compact than gasoline or milk, and they keep better, too. But why wouldn't you pick an investment that earns returns, rather than something that simply maintains its value (in the average case, sometimes gaining or losing)?

LA_Geezer, Bman33 and baseball21 like this.
  20. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

"Knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing" (central planning), is playing a role in my decision making process. As is all the bad news concerning pensions, debt and such. Too many "Unknown Unknowns" and better alternatives to traditional markets such as stocks and bonds.

My investments include a small business, some business property and most importantly, zero debt. PMs in my mind, are for savings and hobby/personal enjoyment, not investment.

21. MrBubs

MrBubs Member

doesn't matter....... EDITED: READ THE RULES SECTION ! ESP. LANGAUGE.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
    LA_Geezer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted