I sold all my silver this weekend and today.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Jun 12, 2017.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I had accumulated about $250 worth of silver. Yeah about 15 ounces. Had 5 ASES from the 1980s I got back when silver was $14 or so and I got them for $75. Had another $14 or so face 90% that I found in change and at work over the years. Sold about have on this forum this weekend and took another $12 face of the 90% in today because I was going to pick up a 1/2 ounce AGE anyway. I notice I can get a better price when I am buying too. He paid me 11.5 X for the 90% and I know he usually would pay 10X I believe so I got an extra 1.5 X or call it an extra $20 discount on my 1/2 ounce AGE which I paid $660 for with the silver trade I had to pay $522. Anyways glad to be rid of the silver before it crashes even more. Just wanted to post so you will all know what a big mistake I made when silver goes to $250 later this summer.

BTW the 1/2 ounce AGE was all his gold but he had cases and cases of silver for sale. And I had to wait on 2 different women who were selling their silver before I could get my turn ( thats true ).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Will keep you posted....LOL

4. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

If the silver price actually went up to $250, it would probably be much more like 1980, not permanent.

If not, then RIP affordable coins.

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Since silver has crashed, shouldn't you be buying and not selling?

6. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I don't think I'd sell at this point.

7. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Silver has been crashing for 5-6 years. Anyone "buying the dips" since 2011 has been getting killed. Its been crashing since it was $50 just a few pauses in between.

8. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

Nice! That's enough for a 21 year bottle of Glenlivet. Splurge and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

9. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

William Devane seems to think so....

10. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yeah I don't know what Glenlivet is but I didn't expect to get much. It is silver after all. I know its gonna be $300 or $400 an ounce or whatever soon but I just figured I would take $17 and be done with it.

11. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Is this the guy who played Gregory Sumner on knots landing. No couldn't be. That guy was like 80 and that was 35 years ago.

I don't know who this "William devane" is but I wouldn't give too much credence to some celebrity pushing silver.

12. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

This record was was over played and broken long ago.

13. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I feel like if silver even went to $30-$32 range this time it would not be permanent and would fall back into the teens quickly. There's so so so many people with silver would be selling it long before then. I don't believe we will ever see silver go over $25 even until I am on Social Security, more likely dead.

14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

There are hundreds of posters on this board telling you everything you want to hear. If you can't handle a few of us telling you the truth you are free to block me. No hard feelings.

15. mpcusa

The bottom line is nobody can tell you with 100 % accuracy where PM,S will end up,
    At the end of the day its a crap shoot and everybody is shooting blanks..LOL

16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Personally I believe it will just flirt around the low 20's. There are economic reasons why it can't go to $250 (in the short term, who knows in 100 years).
    As for buying the dips, there are points that it can't go lower than (industrial/ jewelry reasons) and I think $15 is near the bottom. It's around $17 now and in 2 years everyone will be saying that was a buying opportunity.
    I don't invest in PM's because there's no dividends. Although I do hold some paper on a gold index.

17. mpcusa

I think prime investment opportunities for all PM,S is now, and no i dont have a crystal ball however based on past performances we are in a little bit of the trough
    So as long as silver is in the current range of under $18 and gold is under $1,300
    things look good for buying !

18. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yeah ur right but I will take a shot. I will say there is more manipulation pushing silver upward than downward and that as the years go by it will remain floating in the $15-$20 range. Maybe not 100% accuracy but I will be right.

19. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Broken records usually sound pretty awful to listen to.

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I have been posting here close to 10 years and the board always says its a good time to buy. When silver was $32 it was a great buying opportunity they said couldn't possibly fall anymore.

Believe me gold and silver could fall. Especially silver. I started a thread about the GSR last month when it was 68.93 and the silver side guaranteeing it would fall. GSR is 75.02 now.

Silver has been clobbered from 68 to 75. In a month ????

21. mpcusa

looking at everything relatively, I still think at least for my situation its still in buy mode, under the parameters I laid out earlier.

Draft saved Draft deleted